Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

I was expectingit to live up to the hype of what they said it would. afterall, it was months ago USMCorps saw it in HK.,

Its not exacly bad, but it doesnt appear on paper at least, to offfer me a whole lot over the A%K one out there.,

beretta, I 100% agree with you :mellow:

I just hope they (Magpul-PTS) will do some more impressive to the ACR, which will be presented in the Shot Show :huh:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not supposed to be a prototype at shot show. its supposed to be the final production copy isnt it?

anyways, one of the biggest reasons i want the PTS ACR is the quick spring swap feature. the ability to throw in a SP100 if im going to play CQC or drop in a SP120 for all other occasions.

im willing to drop a lot of money on it because since i can swap spring quickly, i *can* sell all my other guns. but, ill prolly keep one of my other guns incase the ACR ever goes down.

the biggest deciding factor for me is who makes the gearbox. that will make or break whether i buy it or not.

its not supposed to be a prototype at shot show. its supposed to be the final production copy isnt it?

Well shot show *does* show concept weapons usually so with an airsoft gun it could be anyones guess. I just hope it doesn't come with that ugly RIS handguard. That'd be a no go from me.

That is what I was just about to point out to everyone. Most polymer guns do. I find it dumb that so many airsofters get hung up on seam lines, when often the RS versions have seam lines. Sure the flash might be polished off, but you can still see where the seams on the mold were.

yea from what i see here, it has seams and i agree most polymer guns do. Also, the acr's recievers are changable. which means u can remove them and change from 5.56 to 7.62 and gbb... which would also be the reason for those seams.

The other exciting news of the day was getting a chance to talk to the man in charge of the MAGPUL PTS division. We confirmed exactly what features the new MAGPUL PTS ACR will have, and found out about some new MAGPUL PTS products that aren’t even announced yet.

The PTS ACR is a completely ground up design from MAGPUL that is 1:1 scale to the real rifle. The licensed A&K Masada Sportline is unlike the new PTS ACR / Masada . The new rifle runs on a slightly modified V3 gearbox that has been optimized for this application. The upper is fully CNC machined and features all the same features as the real Masada/ACR. The bolt locks back, and the charging handle is located forward on the handguard. One of the most interesting features of this rifle is it’s modular design . The barrel can be replaced in a tool free process to change from CQB to Carbine or to other available lengths. The lower can be removed and replaced to swap from the 5.56 configuration to a 7.62 setup using the same gearbox and upper receiver components. The AK style mags are not TM compatible, however. All of the stock options should be available, including the fixed, folding, and precision stocks. The rifle will be released in Black, Flat Dark Earth, and Foliage Green, and MAGPUL PTS has said that all the optional parts, from barrels to full front RIS units and spare lowers will be completely available. They also confirmed that a GBB conversion kit for the PTS ACR is in the works. This rifle is an AEG with multiple mag options, interchangeable barrels, stock options (you should be investing in them anyway), and an option to convert to GBB use as well. Even with all these features, the PTS ACR is listed with an MSRP of $450. While actual prices are often lower than SRP, even that is a bargain for the tool that they have developed.

While at the MAGPUL booth we also saw the prototype for the G36 model PMAG 30G. Curious, we asked the PTS representative if they planned on developing a PTS version for airsoft G36 AEGs. He confirmed that they were, and said that it was their intent to provide ever MAGPUL product to the training community as a PTS model.

As long as this article is, we didn’t cover nearly everything we saw and heard today, and we’ve got even more ground to cover tomorrow. Make sure to check back, as we’ll be posting all the pictures we have taken up eventually, as well as putting out all the news we’ve gathered. The information certainly won’t stop once we head back, so keep track and you’ll get all the latest as soon as we can get it up.

from Airsoftoutletnw.com

Says alot doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Also heard it would be available in march...

wow that's weird that I have never seen that before. It has the charging handle in the right place. Bit has the modular stock that the one they are shipping bog standard does not have.

Why weird? you know PTS is making the Collapsible/foldable stock, and shorter barrel separately right? looks to me they just put those on it.

i found that vid last week but wasnt sure if it was indeed a PTS one as there is so little info around how did they get one!

Also as in the news thread for peeps that arnt following it.

Found some sweet pics! showing the Ak type i think you will be pleased :D:D:D

Stolen from booliganairsoft with thanks to them

The EMAGS looks sweet!

DSC_3079.jpg

DSC_3081.jpg

DSC_3077.jpg

More pics on my album but they are others of the stanag in better detail

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st_shooter/

i found a short vidio on facebook and the guy testing from pts was asked the question but the answer if a bit vague around a few weeks but this seems too soon?

Edit:

New update!

Just found this other vidio of the PTS much of the same again but it has the AK lower this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkjR3fpht74

Also you need facebook but brief discussion of FPG release guy by magpul guy. ("a few weeks")

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/v...4234&ref=mf

Im wanting to replace the hop up bucking on my A&K masada and i noticed that the bucking fitted has two little nubs inside it (v shape i think there called) Would i need to replace it for one like this or will any standard hop up bucking work fine?

Cheers

Archived