Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

So far I like the news. It looks like there is going to be a lot of thingies to buy :) I even started to like the basic stock a while ago, the price seems to be reasonable. Looking forward to any news about internals, but it is top priority in my wish list even now! :)

It's just a shame that it doesn't look like there are going to be any new licensed ACM Masadas any time soon, I wanted to try one and they seemed to become more and more scarce.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can some one help me with replacing the hop up bucking and barrel?

What problem are you having? when you remove the barrel, there's 2 small screws holding the hopup mech into the barrel, once they are removed/loosened the hopup and inner barrel comes away from the outer barrel. its then just a matter of removing the clip and sliding the barrel out much like most other guns out there. :)

What problem are you having? when you remove the barrel, there's 2 small screws holding the hopup mech into the barrel, once they are removed/loosened the hopup and inner barrel comes away from the outer barrel. its then just a matter of removing the clip and sliding the barrel out much like most other guns out there. :)

I got to the part where i got the inner barrel out of the outer barrel and removed the clip securing the chamber to the barel but i cant seem to get the hop up chamber off the barrel theres some sort of ring on the inside of the chamber that blocks me from sliding the chamber off i dont want to pull on it to hard and damage something.

Thanks

Oh yeah the brass washer thing., I heated the hopup unit very slightly and it came out no probs. :)

yea that washer thing. so your saying i just have to heat it a little say with a hair dryer? and it should just slide out? now after i get it off can u take the washer ring off or no if not how would i go about getting the new bucking back on?

Thanks

It's possible that when they were explaining things to me back in September, something got lost in translation.

Basically, it was the most up to date version prior to the deal with Remington and Bushmaster. The only differences being the front BUIS (and therefore a slight change in the polymer hand guard) and the detail around the ejection port.

I also had a chance to hold both the A&K and PTS guns on the same day. The A&K felt noticeably smaller than the PTS. The PTS felt accurate in size to the real deal.

Archived