Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have replaced my entire gearbox in my Masada with a new BRAVO gear box.Went thru 2 sets of gears! and a piston! Now im getting maybe 150fps only. I know where im losing fps its at the nozzle. Im using the new metal nozzle for the masada but it is loose on the cylinder head? Tried it on other cylinder heads and its also loose. So im guessing the masada cylinder head is not your normal cylinder head!? Anyone know which cylinder head i can use to replace this?Tried teflon tape and this doesnt solve the problem. Cant use original cylinder head it is messed up and total ###### compared to most heads!

I used a modify cylinder kit for the M16 A2 and dremmeled the metal air nozzle which gave it a very good fit as the cylinder head was far too big to fit the nozzle on when I first bought it.

bump :unsure:

So after reading some forums I came to the conclusion I can't use the nozzle, cylinder, cylinder head and selector plate from this kit >_> Does anyone else has any ideas concerning some internal upgrades?

I was thinking:

- Deep Fire 6.02 barrel

- Systema HU Bucking

- G&P 120 motor

- ... ?

Budget is around 120 £ give or take :huh:

I curretly have a promy barrel with a red madbull hopup bucking and a h-bone nub. Awesome range and groupings all on a stock mechbox and motor. It's shooting 359-361 fps right now

bump :unsure:

So after reading some forums I came to the conclusion I can't use the nozzle, cylinder, cylinder head and selector plate from this kit >_> Does anyone else has any ideas concerning some internal upgrades?

I was thinking:

- Deep Fire 6.02 barrel

- Systema HU Bucking

- G&P 120 motor

- ... ?

Budget is around 120 £ give or take :huh:

contact A_wolf (you know who I mean ;) ) He was testing some new motors last month. He installed them in his ICS. combined with a 7.4v lipo, it had insane rof and great trigger response too.

Your barrel and bucking of choice are very good. Despite of what most people think, systema hopup accessories are actually not that expensive.

I believe it is a fault with the magwell and I believe that if you shim the back of the magwell with some plastic ( I have an old Credit card cut up for the purpose) it should fix the problem. I'm pretty sure there is a guide in the very thread some pages back.

I believe it is a fault with the magwell and I believe that if you shim the back of the magwell with some plastic ( I have an old Credit card cut up for the purpose) it should fix the problem. I'm pretty sure there is a guide in the very thread some pages back.

mmm, I tried pushing in my Pmag but it sits rly solid in the magwell and I tried firing in semi auto and it only feeds like once every 5 shots :/

Hmmm curious I know with mine my P mags move quite a bit in the mag well so the shim trick should work on mine but if your mags are pretty solid in the magwell then i'm not sure what the problem would be ? looks like its back to the floor.

Before you try shimming , make sure that the mag catch is moving freely I had some issues with the original spring not being strong

enough (on the mag catch) and is screwed on tight.

Also check that there isnt a BB sitting inside the magwell - behind- the mag catch mech I've had this issue a couple of times when

loading/unloading with the gun held angled up instead of horizonatal, really big gap in there for bb's to get stuck in.

All my Magpul PTS PMAGS work fine in my A&K they feed better than any other mag I have tried in this gun, and with no packing in the

magwell. I thought it was only the STAR PMAGs that needed shimming?

Jim

Just one question....

is there any news regarding the official MAGPUL ACR release ? ..

I begin to think that the release in late 2009/early 2010 was just another bluff after all.... :(

news/opinions would be much appreciated!!

Just one question....

is there any news regarding the official MAGPUL ACR release ? ..

I begin to think that the release in late 2009/early 2010 was just another bluff after all.... :(

news/opinions would be much appreciated!!

you might want to read all the Magpul PTS related threads. ;)

@Kunlun, very strange to hear that. I never had any problems with it.

Actually it was as if the Pmags were made for it.

you might want to read all the Magpul PTS related threads. ;)

@Kunlun, very strange to hear that. I never had any problems with it.

Actually it was as if the Pmags were made for it.

Yeah NeoVenom, I think it's my mags. PS: just sent you a PM on ASB ;)

Where can I get an 11.5" barrel with hop unit for an ACR? I've checked all the usual spots and they all seem out of stock. Monda has been ignoring my recent e-mails. Thanks for the help.

There like rocking horse s**t mate, very hard to get hold of at the minute. I got one over the christmas holidays from Pro T but they still havn't had any more since then. Good luck in finding one.

web.jpg

Might have commited heresy, might not have. But a bit of inspiration from a RS version of the Masada as a DMR. Still have a few more peices to paint, which include fixing a few areas around the ejection port, sanding down the barrel to the bare metal, and decide if I should paint that a silver, and add White and Red paint to the fire select modes. It looks pretty good with my Tan pmags though.

Archived