Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To late now... the word will spread like a maggot filled festering sore. Soon we'll have to take off the foot and then everything below the knee. They'll try to leech us for a while, but soon the whole leg will be off, served up on a blood covered platter for the delight of MagPul PTS and their legitimate, if evil, acolytes.

In anycase,

Nice reviews, Appslapp! Can't wait to hear more! I love the soundtrack.

I have to say, finally when a RS gun company extends their hand to airsofters ACMs screw them. I feel since Magpul has supported us, we should support them. They did what every other gun company would not, and many still do not support Magpul PTS.

appslapp, what camera are you using to record those videos (part 2 especially, if you just happened to use 2 different cameras, although i see no purpose in doing so)? the quality of the videos are beyond anything ive seen before.

I have to say, finally when a RS gun company extends their hand to airsofters ACMs screw them. I feel since Magpul has supported us, we should support them. They did what every other gun company would not, and many still do not support Magpul PTS.

don't get me wrong mate, but what i've seen of Magpul is nothing of support why they reach Airsofter's, they are like a leech to suck you dry of every damn cent you make with overpriced gear times 10. Sure the ACM is same but they do that to everyone, even i have lost because of them, thats just the way of life and have to deal with them :(. but reaching out to us and overcharging for everything i hardly can call a supporting cast for us :P

I would support them more, but when you charge $29 for each mag I would rather go my MAG's for $7 ea. and get 4 mags.

Why do you support PTS?

You do know that Magpul PTS is NOT Magpul. PTS is a clone company that license magpul products. I feel they are a very glorified clone company. Some disagree, and there are PTS loyalist out there.

Magpul supports us, but PTS just screws us. I don't think PTS stuff uses the same material as the Magpul stuff, yet they cost the same amount. The PTS Mbus cost as much as the Real MBUS. There is really no reason to buy PTS stuff unless it's for PMAGs and MIAD grips if you live in the USA.

I feel bad for the people living outside the US, since they are forced to buy lower quality products at the same price as the real deal.

Why do you think PTS stuff sold in the US stores are cheaper than the PTS stuff they sell in HK stores?

I still buy PTS products, but I do not support them like some forum members here. Who I think are PTS paid agents  :P .

I do support Magpul and I love all their products, but when PTS tries to sell lower quality replicas for the same price, it just breaks my heart.

Back on topic, is there anyway that we would see a ACM Masada in the US?

Why do you support PTS?

You do know that Magpul PTS is NOT Magpul. PTS is a clone company that license magpul products. I feel they are a very glorified clone company. Some disagree, and there are PTS loyalist out there.

Magpul supports us, but PTS just screws us. I don't think PTS stuff uses the same material as the Magpul stuff, yet they cost the same amount. The PTS Mbus cost as much as the Real MBUS. There is really no reason to buy PTS stuff unless it's for PMAGs and MIAD grips if you live in the USA.

I feel bad for the people living outside the US, since they are forced to buy lower quality products at the same price as the real deal.

Why do you think PTS stuff sold in the US stores are cheaper than the PTS stuff they sell in HK stores?

I still buy PTS products, but I do not support them like some forum members here. Who I think are PTS paid agents :P .

I do support Magpul and I love all their products, but when PTS tries to sell lower quality replicas for the same price, it just breaks my heart.

Back on topic, is there anyway that we would see a ACM Masada in the US?

So im going to compare my new magpul hand gaurd (MOE ORDERED FROM EHOBBYASIA) to the one an a very good friends AR and ill be able to tell if the quality is the same because i know the price are. I will post my findings by tuesday. Maby even some pics if i have time and am not to lazy.

(BTW I AM NOT A PTS AGENT) :D

You people crack me up.

While Magpul PTS is not Magpul, they are a company that Magpul has created a relationship with. Magpul PTS has afforded Magpul some control over their brand name and brand image, and sales from the PTS line goes back to Magpul in the form of royalties. Magpul PTS is a clone company? You could say the same for any airsoft company except Marui.

Blame the US DOD for that. They define what can and cannot be exported. That's not Magpul PTS's fault.

Magpul is producing hundreds of thousands of products... because their customer base is thousands of time greater than the relatively tiny Airsoft community. Aside from all the civilian shooters out there, they also have overwhelming DOD contracts which dwarf even the civilian consumer base. Magpul PTS? Their customer base is miniscule in comparison. Anyone who has the slightest clue about manufacturing knows that when you produce large quantities of a product your unit cost declines and that savings is transfered to the consumer. If Magpul PTS was producing product in the same quantities as Magpul was, the prices of the PMAGs would be more similar. The simple fact that the majority of Magpul PTS's products are en par with the real counterpart is a testament to how Magpul PTS is doing their best to keep prices down even though their product volume is comparatively so low relative to their RS counterparts.

I still buy PTS products, but I do not support them like some forum members here. Who I think are PTS paid agents  :P .

BS. Simply buying their products means you're supporting them on some level. If you truly want to put your money where your mouth is, you'd stop buying their stuff altogether.

Lower quality? Magpul PTS produce some of the best quality airsoft replicas in the airsoft market.

Yeah i dont get the magpul loyalty, they are taking all your money for expencive gear, all be it, nice quality gear. but it is still just a copy of the magpul stuff made by a glorified Clone company.

appslapp, I had no idea the video quality on those was that good, I'm upgrading from the D80 and i'll defo make good use of that kind of video. :)

Hmmm one thing I will say about the ACM Magpul products, they helped me replace all my older STANAGs buy confusing the hell out of a store I will leave nameless. Imagine this 13 Magpul PTS 120 midcaps at around $30 each, now imagine me getting the same kind at $10 a pop... As much as I hate ACM parts they do have their uses if you know how to milk the system right :mellow:

You people crack me up.

I've noticed, whenever someone critizes PTS, all you do is ridicule them for being stupid.

While Magpul PTS is not Magpul, they are a company that Magpul has created a relationship with. Magpul PTS has afforded Magpul some control over their brand name and brand image, and sales from the PTS line goes back to Magpul in the form of royalties. Magpul PTS is a clone company? You could say the same for any airsoft company except Marui.

Except that clone companies like JG aren't charging a premium for a clone. 

Blame the US DOD for that. They define what can and cannot be exported. That's not Magpul PTS's fault.

The perfect senario for PTS, since the real Magpul stuff cannot be exported, PTS gets to charge whatever they want with no competition at all. Take a look at an american store stocking PTS products and you will see that they charge less than that of an HK store for the same item.

Real deal price: 97usd

American prices:

AEX PTS CTR- 80usd http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=3490

ASGI - 90usd http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2983

evike-85usd http://www.airsoftpost.com/preorder-315200...ck-p-28463.html

Oversea prices:

Ehobby PTS CTR- 96usd http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-ctr-...-dark-earth.htm

Airsoftglobal-97usd http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=7989

redwolf- 97usd http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=22778

Magpul is producing hundreds of thousands of products... because their customer base is thousands of time greater than the relatively tiny Airsoft community. Aside from all the civilian shooters out there, they also have overwhelming DOD contracts which dwarf even the civilian consumer base. Magpul PTS? Their customer base is miniscule in comparison. Anyone who has the slightest clue about manufacturing knows that when you produce large quantities of a product your unit cost declines and that savings is transfered to the consumer. If Magpul PTS was producing product in the same quantities as Magpul was, the prices of the PMAGs would be more similar. The simple fact that the majority of Magpul PTS's products are en par with the real counterpart is a testament to how Magpul PTS is doing their best to keep prices down even though their product volume is comparatively so low relative to their RS counterparts.

You also forget that Magpul had to spend the capital to develop these products, which contributes to their cost. PTS on the other hand didn't have to develop anything. Of course the airsoft market is small when you compare it to the real firearm market base, yet companies like MAG are able to produce cheap midcap magazines for the same small airsoft market.

Also where are all these "DOD contracts" you speak of, do you have a source? I don't see the US military issuing PMAGs to our soldiers, infact, I don't think i've ever seen any magpul product being used the military.

Lower quality? Magpul PTS produce some of the best quality airsoft replicas in the airsoft market.

Which is still a replica hence it being a lower quality than the real item itself, yet the cost is the same.

Btw I love your rifles they are just beautiful, but do any of them use the PTS CTR? Do you also use PTS rail panels?

I'm going to let you have the last word, as i'm starting to clutter this thread with offtopic discussion.

I think magpul needs to start dealing with clones the same way everyone else does. Take a look at marui; they have been cloned time after time but people still buy from the because they make a better product. If magpul would stop worrying about clones and just made their products better than the clones, and price them accordingly for what they are, replicas, they would do fine.

just my $0.02

I think magpul needs to start dealing with clones the same way everyone else does. Take a look at marui; they have been cloned time after time but people still buy from the because they make a better product. If magpul would stop worrying about clones and just made their products better than the clones, and price them accordingly for what they are, replicas, they would do fine.

just my $0.02

QFT!!!

I tried to express myself and backup your arguments, but you just explain the issue perfectly.

Anyway, at first the masada didnt look very well to me, but I have to admit I beguining to like it, although I prefer a shorter version with short Pmags.

Happy to see ACM companies can produce some great new models which are no clones ;)

I shouldn't have mentioned the names, but disneyland is an appropriate censor - given the staff were mickey mouse and sold all 3 that i was about to pay for - talk about break down in communication. :( I'm sure if i can find (by simply e-mailing places and asking) I'm sure any company could really, but i admit it, not the best thing to put on a public forum regardless - ma' bad.

Anyway, i'm sure there are more places these can be found at, i sure hope so.

Anyway, i'm sure there are more places these can be found at, i sure hope so.

I'll post it once more for clarity....

THESE ARE AVAILABLE, FACT! and in no limited quantities.

This is how to get a Masada!

talk you a bricks and mortar shop, they'll be face to face with you so they'll feel more comfy telling you they can get them, they also have a relationship with their chinese distributer/manufacturers so they'll have no problems supplying them.

Your wasting your time emailing around, simply because thats exactly what the supplier will expect someone from Magpul to do, so they'll probably play dumb and tell you they dont have them.

Sorry, i might've made myself unclear - i've e-mailed around and can confirm that there are several retailers. They simply replied in their e-mail to me, 'yes we have these and they are x amount' - not exactly a waste of time in my opinion, or indeed very safe :) My retailers in the UK don't have clue where to get them.

I was wanting to order from dsineyland because their prices were cheaper, that is all.

Sorry, i didnt mean to point your post in particular, more so aimed at the majority of people asking where to get them and to the guys PMing me. :)

Its cool, i was in the wrong :)

Tbh now i'm not even too keen on telling anyone - i'm getting oh so many PM's now regarding stockists. Just e-mail round guys it isn't difficult.

Archived