King Arms M4A1

Anybody that has replaced the Hop-Up unit, which one did you use?

I've only replaced the bucking with a guarder clear one... But it makes me wonder if someone replaced the entire unit and with what result!

The Guarder set came in, I now hit 275-285fps with 0.20's and the stock spring. It does shoot very straight and consistent for a good 100+ feet (30m+)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Where could I obtain a King Arms M4 in the States? Preferably with trades intact. I don't like the idea of wiring Red Wolf hundreds of dollars and still risking customs.

I dont think its available here yet, plus no matter where you buy it from, even here in the US, the trades should be intact as the KA M4a1( and commando) are licensed guns.

I dont think its available here yet, plus no matter where you buy it from, even here in the US, the trades should be intact as the KA M4a1( and commando) are licensed guns.

Oh? that's good news then. when they do arrive in the states they'll hopefully come with the trades intact.

Oh? that's good news then. when they do arrive in the states they'll hopefully come with the trades intact.

they should i don't see why they wouldn't, very worst case scenario would probably be puddy over them because i here some places do that even with licensed replicas.

• 2 weeks later...

You might be refering to me about who switched the hop-up unit entirely. I started a review over at ASR and the internals to that gun have beena nightmare for me.

Ive never been able to get a KA gearbox to work with a KA hop-up unit, so I switched for a star,CA, and G&P. it yeilded better FPS gains than the stock one at about 330fps but the spring was rated for over 400. I too had my Guarder cylinder kit installed even though the stock compression seemed great.

My solution ended up that I had to put a whole different gearbox into the KA externals with a different brand hop-up unit and put the internals in a Dboys body and now both work amazing. The KA gearbox now shoots 400fps +/- 1fps every time.

There might be other ways but after the 2-3 months of not being able to field what was supposed to be my primary I had to do something.