JG CQB M4 FB6625

Review about the new M4 CQB from JG with fullmetal body and their new internals incl. mosfet

It is my first review at Arnies and english isn't my native language so ...

Real Steel: Ultrashort Version of the M4, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine </a>

Manufacturer: Jing Gong/Golden Eagle

Importeur: AirsoftHQ

Weight: 2900 gr.

Length: 545 mm

Type: AEG

HopUp / BAX: HopUp adjustable

Build from: all metal except grip and stock

Markings: yes on the lower receiver

Magazin: HighCap Metall ca. 200

Max. Power: about 330 FPS

Ordered at: AirsoftHQ

Price: 107 Euro plus shipping

Author:

Lance

--------------------------------

Package and Content:

m4-qcbpackung-auen3h4a.jpg

m4-qcbpackunginnen1tctl.jpg

m4-qcbpackunginnen2baf9.jpg

Jippie, the first airsoftgunpackage from China that I am satisfied with. Brown cardboard for both parts, filled with grey foam (no crumps anymore). I like it, that JG changed from multicoloured printed cardboards with cheap Styrofoam as lower part of the box, most time half broken and the content full of crumps.

Inside the box are an instruction manual (it describes only the old plastic standard M4 A1!!), the gun with a red plasticcover over the flashhider, one separate packed magazin, the 9,6 Volt battery, charger, cleaning rod and a small plastic bag with about 200 BBs.

----------------------------------

Handling:

The handling is typical M4. The fireselection lever moves smoothly and locks in his positions without problems. The charging handle is movable and open the dustcover if pulled backwards, then you have access to the adjustable hopup (it don't works for me here, but I will explain that later).

m4cqbansichtlinksp6hs.jpg

m4cqbansichtrechtsp6fj.jpg

The mag is a short highcap (VN-Style) made from metal with a capacity of about 200 BBs. It could be either loaded by spinning the wheel in the bottom of the magazine or with a small tool put in a hole at the right side of the magazine, which ist the much faster method.

m4cqbmagazinyetn.jpg

m4cqbmagazin27cvj.jpg

m4-qcbmagazinbodent5au.jpg

Edited by lance201

The ironsights mounted on the picatinny rail are the same as on some other M4 models, the rearsight is flip up, the frontsight you have to move by hand . The rearsight ist the same I have on some DBOYs, M4 SIR or SPR for example. It is fully adjustable, but aiming isn't very good with the sights.

The frontsight is also not in full 90 degrees to the rail when put up.

m4-qcbrearsightef7g.jpg

m4-qcbfrontsightqwzx.jpg

m4cqbfrontsightschrgsq2n.jpg

The Frontset-RAS is a little bit sharp-edged and isn't so good to handle, you better mount a foregrip.

m4cqbras0v52.jpg

The minitype-battery goes in the stock, wich ist the short CQB-Version of the M16 full stock. It works with the small battery which came with the gun, but I disbelieve that you can put some larger batteries inside it, because of the the mosfet, wich needs also some space.

m4-qcbbatteriefachxscu.jpg

m4-qcbmosfetyk7g.jpg

There is only one sling swivel at the stock, but this one is very stable and can hold two hooks from a 2 point sling very well.

m4-qcbslingbplx.jpg

Edited by lance201

External Quality:

I was very excited to see my new full metal JG because there was a big hype about their good quality, but after the first look when I was impressed by the weight and the feeling of the gun I was soon disappointed.

The overall feeling is good, the Grip and stock is covered with a kind of rubber, good feeling but a little bit sensible against fingerprints

The buttplate is also made from metal, much better than the Dboys-M4s. The body is sturdy with only some miner flaws from moulding which you can only see at a closer look.

But the painting is very bad, you can scrape the paint from the body with your fingernails. So you have the first bright parts when you pull the gun out of the foam. I am only a collector, but I can imagine how this gun will look like after a few skirmishes.

The paintig of the CNC-made RAS is much better!

m4cqbverarbeitungsqualgd8x.jpg

m4cqblackierungsqualitgdvv.jpg

But also the overall building quality isn't so good. The closing pin of the dustcover broke when I pulled back the charging handle the first time. So now I have the dustcover always open (ordered the spare parte dustcover, but didn't received it yet).:

m4cqbgebrochenerpinernl.jpg

The other thing is, that the adjustable hopup isn't adjustable at all, because the body fits so tight at the gearbox, that it is blocking a wheel wich is part of the hopup mechanism.

m4cqbhopupbremse9xi8.jpg

But what is really really disappointing, is the fact, that the flashhider is not straight in line on the outerbarrel. It stands in a angle of some degrees upwards. This looks awful.

m4cqbmfdabweichung8l8q.jpg

m4cqbinnerbarrelkqd1.jpg

This thing seems to be a problem of all FB 6625, because I see it in an other online review also, and if you look at the product description picture at WGC you can see it too:

jg_aeg_fb6625_mjkj3.jpg

What comes with the gun:

Battery:

It is a Minitype 9,6 Volt and 1100 MAh. The single cells are marked with golden eagle, so I don't know who is manufacturing them really. The quality is bad, because the fully loaded battery lasts only 100 BBs!!

m4cqb96vakkupackjvql.jpg

The charger ist the classical junk that comes with the Chinaclones, I wouldn't use them.

Edited by lance201

Markings:

There are some on the lower receiver:

m4-qcbmarking1frap.jpg

m4-qcbmarking2vk4h.jpg

And the picatinny rail has stamped numbers:

m4-qcbmarkingraskxkj.jpg

Power and Performance:

The FB 6625 showed between 0,98 and 1,02 joule at the chrono. I made a few testshots from 10 Meters:

dscf2509xgki.jpg

And from 20 Meters (the few shots outside the target are my fault, I need to find the aimpoint):

dscf2510enes.jpg

Final verdict:

I have a very inconsistent picture of the gun. It is better than the fullmetal DBoys M4 that I own, but I am annoyed by the lacking quality in the details. I haven't open the gearbox, so I can't say if it such a good quality other sources tell. It shoots ok in my roomsituation...

Some additional pictures:

m4cqbansichtmaglangxqwt.jpg

m4cqbansichtmaglangsch8zzx.jpg

m4cqbansichtmaglangschts2k.jpg

m4-qcbfull3te4.jpg

Pro:

- full metal

- nice look

- Mosfet

- powerfull

Con:

- overall,building quality and painting!!

The clones from China get better, but they still have no quality check! So you can receive always either a bad or a good one.

m4-qcbhngendxsm5.jpg

Edited by lance201
thanks for the review lance201. My friend is looking into picking up one of them later on in the year. The off barrel is kind of irking, but does it interfere with the performance of the weapon at longer ranges?

No it doesn't, because the angle is not big enough. But I decided do cut down the outer, and cut a new thread (friend of mine have the right machines for that) and only mount the silencer, so that it look like the G+P stubby frontend (Silencer half in the RAS)

Lance

I have the plastic version and its has been a let down for the better part of it.

Yes the rails are CNCed the, flashider is steel, 2 piece hop up is pack in so tight I had to break it to clean the barrel. But the MOST annoying thing is that the gun even with a G&P hi torque motor still grinds and screeches stock. Its something to do with the metal receiver and grip not entering the mechbox in the right angle. Now it just stopped functioning on semi, and no longer fires even when it has been downgraded to M100.

You can't upgrade the gun past 360fps even though it came with an M125.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Thanks for the review, this was one I was interested in picking up for a light weight desert/summer loadout I am putting together for the summer.

I can't help wondering if you got a 'lemon' on this occasion, I would be interesed to read other peoples experiences with one if they have brought one?

My wife uses the old platic body JG Stubby killer and this has been a good bit of kit and has served my wife very well.

Cheers

Rich

• 7 months later...

I just purchased the AGM version of this gun.. and it is amazing here in the states. I think it's the best gun ive have purchased yet. OUT of

STAR M60mk43

Classic Army M16 A3

Army L85

SRC RPK AK47

JG Spentaz

Echo1 G36

Softair Thomspon

It's shoots around 390 but around 350 with .25 It's solid and the hop up unit actually works pretty well for me.. which i know was one of the issues.. but i guess i got lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
The internals of the AGM are quiet different from the JG one. But nice that you are pleased with the AGM. I think I will try a JG 416 with the same internals than the stubby.

Lance

You may have a lemon there. JG's QC is a bit ######. I have a JG full metal M4, M4-S and a HK416. The former 2 are absolutely superb, very accurate out of the box and gave me no trouble at all. I agree with the poor paint quality and the skew flash hider may make this appear a typical ACM product, but if you can over look these short coming, they are otherwise really good AEGs. BTW you can cure the skew flash hider by wrapping it the threaded barrel with Teflon tapes.

My HK416 however, was a bit of a lemon, the trades aren't whitened properly, bolt flap don't work properly and accuracy was poor. I got this one in January this year and I was wondering if I have a particular bad batch.

• 2 weeks later...