• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Love that RPG :D

PP-19 a-like:

hpim4710.jpg

Had an old mp5 well lying about, and a spare plastic receiver. 2 dyas work, i'm dead chuffed with the results. Best project so far, definately.

If your wondering why I havn't sorted the stock and front end it's because i'm selling it on and I though it'd be a bad idea to put money in I wouldn't make back. It's a shame i half to sell, but sadly i need the cash for a very exciting project i'm working on.

-Matt

• 1 month later...

Wow. Nice work to everyone that posted.

Just started the homemade stuff with a stock and hand gaurd for my G3SG1. Took me 2 days to finish it. But it still needs something to darken and protect the wood. The silencer is homemade and need a bit of paint.

Btw i already posted in the G3 thread but i found this one after..... <_<

post-28432-1248701215_thumb.jpg

comments are welcome, any ideas on improvements or anything like that.......

If you dont like it, dont comment.

Edited by DUFF MAN
Wow. Nice work to everyone that posted.

Just started the homemade stuff with a stock and hand gaurd for my G3SG1. Took me 2 days to finish it. But it still needs something to darken and protect the wood. The silencer is homemade and need a bit of paint.

Btw i already posted in the G3 thread but i found this one after..... <_<

comments are welcome, any ideas on improvements or anything like that.......

If you dont like it, dont comment.

it looks like there is a slight gap where the sides meet the bottom of the grip, you might want to fill it with something (bit of epoxy maybe?)

but past that it looks pretty good. certainly better than I could do.

what are you thinking of using on the wood?

Edited by phaserrifle

Got bored and did some work on the old grenade launcher to make it look better..

DSC01807.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01809.jpg

There are still some parts that needs some smoothing out but its just fine to me : D Next project will be the halflife2 ar2 Pulse rifle.

You are not very familiar with AUGs then. The top rail has been lowered by about 1cm, the gap between the receiver and top rail has been filled in with a small piece of sheet metal and a custom offset bracket has been made to mount the homemade lam.

EDIT: Clearly it is not as awesome as some of the stuff in this thread but I think it still qualifies.

Edited by Evert 72

ok. im back after a few days of sanding, filling and reworking my stock and handgaurd. :D

This is what it looks like at the moment:

post-28432-1248885178_thumb.jpg

anything i can do to improve it???

I used a wax on the wood. Originally for dark oak (furniture). i was thinking of maybe putting another layer on.

Any constructive ideas/ suggestions are welcome

ok. im back after a few days of sanding, filling and reworking my stock and handgaurd. :D

This is what it looks like at the moment:

post-28432-1248885178_thumb.jpg

anything i can do to improve it???

I used a wax on the wood. Originally for dark oak (furniture). i was thinking of maybe putting another layer on.

Any constructive ideas/ suggestions are welcome

Duff Man, you should go for another one or two layers of wax to darken (more) the wood, nothing against the actual state, but IMHO, darker woods are nicer...

How is the comfort and the ergonomic with the stock?

And, for curiosity, which wood you used and what tools you used?

See ya! []'s

Edited by Kaworu

ok thanks

I used ply wood for the foregrip, and also some thin plywood for the panels on the stock (i'm not sure if you can see them) i used basic tools : sander, jigsaw, saw, tack, clamp , woodglue, sandpaper and a bit of wood filler. The stock is hollow and is made from 4 pieces of wood. 2 ply panels and two bits of a plank of wood which i found in the garage :D

There is actually more space for the wires, fuse and battery than in the original stock

Its fixed on with 2 screws. And i can put the original handgaurd, stock back on any time.

the stock is quite comfortable, but a little short IMO

This was sort of trial run and I'm going to start another project using wood and im just trying to get some ideas at the moment.

And i now have a router so i should be able to do a bit more detail work.

thanks.

thats a shame, you should try it.

Im enjoy making stuff and when i have a bit more knowledge of the limits of an AEG internals i will definatly try something, don't know what yet though......

I already did the teflon mod on my G3, i didnt notice anything, but i don't have a chrono...

Here is something that i whipped up on Pimp My Airsoft that i will be trying to make very shortly :

post-28432-1249227160_thumb.png

the fore grip and stock are a mix of (on Pimp my Airsoft):

FAL (main part of the stock)

Walther WA 2000 ( cheek rest part of stock and bottom part of fore grip)

AK 47 variant ( angle at the bottom of the stock)

AK 74 ( the grip thingy on the fore grip)

Hopefully i will be able to make this with the tools that i have.

When i get started i will create a new post in the projects section for those of you that are interested.

Cheers

Duffman

post-1911-1248813307_thumb.jpg

Now i know the ak or the left looks like someone just took a hacksaw to it but it is more than just that.

It is actually made of parts of 5 different guns from 5 manufacturers shoved together with only 3 of them being ak based.

Yay for parts bin specials.

Love the far right AK.