Home Made & Hand Made Guns

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah peoples reactions to it are pretty priceless. They wary widely from "what the heck is that" to just "holy s##t that's beautiful". At 7,5kg without the magazine its significantly heavier than the m249 series guns and even heavier than the A&K PKM. The gun is very front heavy too so at the end of the game day my left arm was getting pretty tired of keeping the gun up.  :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this counts, I'm gonna just drop it here.

Few years ago I saw THIS. ( Also note page 9 of the post, someone in the States made one from aluminum block and sells it )
Damn, that was cool, I had to get / make one myself.

After a while, I had MINE.
The sight has TWO light collecting window, one is for circle reticle and T mark for another, I found the T mark one was VERY dim and decided to block it.
The acrylic sheet ( block ) was held by double sided tape and the fiber rod is held by some blu tack, surprisingly they held themselves in place on the crazy kicking G5.

Years pass I got something nicer on my G5 and it's collecting dust, how about an upgrade?

How it looks now:
dzwcGUk.jpg

3M CF pattern stickers

RbeAIGp.jpg

Note how small the peeping hole is ( BB for size comparison )4tgSXUa.jpg
gVZrdOM.jpg

Current acrylic block and previous prototypes

New bigger block, drilled and tapped for M5 to fit included screw from ACOG mount
Drilled fiber holder for holding fiber rod.... by friction!

Also allows not-as convenient rod change ( remove block, poke rod, place new rod VS remove rod, apply blu tack , place new rod )

Sorry for big aperture, low light :P

vwRs0jY.jpg

How the reticle looks from cellphone camera ( almost impossible to take picture with larger cameras )
tc8tRGR.jpg

Edit: Typo

Edited by Katotaka
  • 8 months later...