• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

What do you do about battery space in that sucker, SHWEL?

I have been using a battery pouch/bag on the stock, but that Crane is capable of holding one, I have just not looked into changing it yet since I am on the fence about Lipos for all my guns... I am also designin a rig for batteries to go in my Vest instead of on the gun...

I took some quick pics as I've neglected to document this build months earlier. It is still a work in progress. The rifle features a dboys metal body with custom engraved C7A2 trades, and a Madbull M470 CO2 mechbox. GB-Tech OPS 12th SPR suppressor and flash hider, Insight M6x clone and of course the dboys SPR kit.

1280_SPR-01.jpg

1280_SPR-02.jpg

1280_SPR-03.jpg

1280_SPR-04.jpg

Edited by Jonny

They were sold in limited quantities by a guy on www.airsoftcanada.com by the name of Charles Huang of Dragon Red Airsoft. These bodies were gone in a matter of hours some months ago. They are new gen dboys bodies. No idea where he got these done, must be at the factory level considering the trademarks are deep engraved and the body anodized over them. I paid about $200.00 CDN shipped for it, but it was worth every dime.

Jonny where did you take that to get the trades put on and how much did something like that run. Probably way less than I paid for my 200+ Guarder Canadian trademarked body <_<
Edited by Jonny

I couldn't tell you from field experience, but from what i've gathered in preliminary testing... don't buy one lol. It's more of a novelty item, but for the long run it'll be wise to stick with your AEG mech, there is a reason why they long since discontinued this item. It's one of madbulls biggest flops. Pissy performance, it's a pain in the *albartroth* to reload those tiny 12g CO2 canisters on the field. But I like it because there are no wires! That's pretty much the only good reason to own one lol.

n4recon2.jpg

One of mine. It's currently up for sale, but I'm having second thoughts. I'm feeling the need to add the Magpul PRS stock that I've got kicking around, an M3 and an SR25 silencer.

Sale thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=177076

Edited by Angry
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4150/n4recon2.jpg

One of mine. It's currently up for sale, but I'm having second thoughts. I'm feeling the need to add the Magpul PRS stock that I've got kicking around, an M3 and an SR25 silencer.

Angry:

I think it looks terrific the way it is bro.

I found the PRS stock to be too bulky/ heavy for a DM setup. Plus the crane and Accupoint combo looks terrific!

(reminds me of a Leonidas setup)

-Shin

Edited by luvs2shoot

I based it around a Noveske setup when I built it :)

I've just actually priced up what I'd need to spend to convert it as I've just mentioned and it's put me off!

The problem that I have is that it's a bit too big for the urban sites I normally play at and not as good as my M14 DMR for when I play woodland. Hmmm decisions...

@SHWEL: Needs full stock, harris bipod and 20rnds mag IMHO.

@Jonny: Friggin' awesome mate, I love the trades.

ACOG, thanx a lot..

Kenworth, I am thinking the stock needs updating, but a solid stock is not gonna happen. I am thinking SOCOM Stock actually, I have always loved those.. And because the gun is already heavy, the SOCOM stock will not be an obvious addition in weight..

As for the bipod, this one has worked fine so far... And shorter mags are on my personal "Me Buy" Christmas list.

ACOG, thanx a lot..

And because the gun is already heavy, the SOCOM stock will not be an obvious addition in weight..

sorry, but it will. My G&G SOPMOD/SOCOM stock is quite heavy, but i like it. puts more weight in the back of the gun. i cant speak for the SOCOM GEAR version, but id assume its about the same weight.

My M16 DMR and Frankenstein M4 (made up of 90% spare parts)

The M16 is a WIP at the moment, all it needs is a rear BUIS, a fuse, a connector, and a battery with enough mAh to pull the silly spring I slapped in there.

The DMR externals are CA, optics are ACM, and all internals are Guarder save the hop, barrel, and spring (CA, CA, and Prometheus, respectively), G&P m160 motor

The M4ish thing is:

DBoys Metal Knights Reciever

SRC forend

CA Gearbox (laylax piston head and PDI air nozzle)

KA hop chamber

Madbull rubber

Vanaras barrel

ACM Rear BUIS

Magpul MOE motorgrip

TM 900 motor

IMG_6720.jpg

You know, it never ceases to amaze me what an excellent photo stage can be created by a duvet

IMG_6725.jpg

Edited by Aidan

Thanks for the compliment. The stock took more time than any other part of the AEG, which is actually built out of a bunch of spare parts and is based on a TM.

It was originally a TM fake wood stock left over from my EBR, which also donated the steel outer barrel (hence the odd color of the barrel). I filled and built up the front end with a combination of JB Weld, Oatley steel-filled epoxy putty, and PSI AquaMend epoxy putty. I also reinforced certain areas to eliminate the creaking that is common with TM stocks with those three materials and filled in the fake screws on the sides. This left me with a stock with next to no flex, which was something I was also looking for. The paint used was a base coat of Rustoleum Plastic Primer followed by Rustoleum Textured Paint for Plastic to give it a non-slip texture.

External Parts List:

G&P M3 Replica

G&P KAC M14 Rail System

Guarder Bipod Stud

King Arms 245x40 mm Light Weight Suppressor

King Arms Spring Return Bipod

Cheers,

Piano.

Edited by PianoBlack