• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

I think I am with you guys.. this new RIS is too long... Nd there is no way I would use all that real estate for accessories... But I have a bigger stock comeing in days was well, and that may balance things out visually. We'll see, if not, then it is back to the JP setup.

Thanx for the input.

This is the stock

1876-s10.jpg

Edited by SHWEL
I would only remove that little piece of rail on the barrel on the older setup. It looks a bit out of place. Yes, i know it is on the real SR-25 and so on, but that piece there looks a bit too long.

That is exactly why I was going to this new setup... I got both front setups used from friends or Craigslist... The JP setup came from a friend and that coupling/gasblock is all jacked up.. The only option i have is to replace the entire outer barrel setup because of the chop shop job he did of putting that together... I intended to do this build on the cheap, but it is getting to the point of wanting to buy new parts ad start from scratch..

Thanx for the input guys..

SHWEL,

Curious who's stock this is? Looks like the Magpul PRS but I don't see any logo's....??? Love the stock though. That should be perfect on there.

I'll assume there is no way is h3ll there's a batt going in that stock either ,no? I'm going to pick up a nice KWA SR10 and build a DMR out of it.

Nice stuff guys!

Edited by itbvolks
Don't quote pics plox.

It's probably an ACM Magpul PRS (no trades) stock, and no, you can't fit a battery inside w/o mods. I've seen someone shove a 9.6 mini nunchuck in there with some cutting/dremeling, forgot which forum I saw it on though.

Sorry about that. Pic removed.

Bummer on the stock. Going to have to keep looking. I'll probably stick with the crane then initially.

SHWEL,

Curious who's stock this is? Looks like the Magpul PRS but I don't see any logo's....??? Love the stock though. That should be perfect on there.

I'll assume there is no way is h3ll there's a batt going in that stock either ,no? I'm going to pick up a nice KWA SR10 and build a DMR out of it.

Nice stuff guys!

There was no Manufacturer name listed. But it is def a Magpul clone of some sort..

Sorry about that. Pic removed.

Bummer on the stock. Going to have to keep looking. I'll probably stick with the crane then initially.

you can fit a battery into the stock if you use the stock tube from the king arms M16 solid stock! need to use a li-po but it works!!!!

proof below!

mg7373ud8.th.jpg

m4varients13edited2lm5.th.jpg

the stock tube does need modding but it can as simple as drilling 2 holes for the gearbox wires to poke thru & re-attatching the plug for the battery with the 2 wires permanently in place!

im working on a system for my ics so i can use the PRS stock but have it so i can put my crane stock on just by removing one bolt!

you can fit a battery into the stock if you use the stock tube from the king arms M16 solid stock! need to use a li-po but it works!!!!

proof below!

the stock tube does need modding but it can as simple as drilling 2 holes for the gearbox wires to poke thru & re-attatching the plug for the battery with the 2 wires permanently in place!

im working on a system for my ics so i can use the PRS stock but have it so i can put my crane stock on just by removing one bolt!

Your pic gives me hope.

That is perfect... I hope it will balance out my DMR like it does on yours... I just got a really big scope for it, now it is starting to look the part nicely..

Your pic gives me hope.

That is perfect... I hope it will balance out my DMR like it does on yours... I just got a really big scope for it, now it is starting to look the part nicely..

once i have it sorted for my ICS i will post some new pics! the way im doing it i should hopefully be able to fit a mosfet into it aswell! have found a source for cylindrical li-ion batteries at 11.1v which should give great trigger response! going to use mini deans connectors to save more space & have the mosfet so i can put a connector onto that aswell.

also i can vouch for the quality on the stock, even though its a cheap ACM version it is rock solid!

Edited by Richwatts2002

Well, here's my little baby...

not quite finished yet. Got to find a small barrel extension, got to whip off the front sight, possibly a bipod and then tweak the hell out of the innards for that real DMR goodness. I think I'm going to take off the RIS cover on the scope too... think it makes it look too blocky.

Based around a Jin Peng Sig 556.

001.jpg