• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine's much more basic, and still a WIP, but I couldn't resist a photo:

SDC10754.JPG

Externally, it's waiting on an ACOG and Harris type bipod, and I really must replace the OPS muzzle brake with something lighter (it throws off the balance quite badly).

Internally, there's a flat hop mod and the target power level is 2.5J with .28s. I'm looking at a Burst Wizard King Kong, to meet the semi only requirement and possibly enable precocking; any thoughts?

Very nice, second on repalce that muzzle break...I might want it for my dmr instead of buying a a full on 16inch barrel. The build looks good, and the flat hop should yield some excellent results if done correctly. Though if your feeling brave you can get the r-hop which would be more reliable in the long run. Another thing, if you didn't know is that any of the flathop modifications would allow you to use super heavy bbs which would normally be too heavy, so bear that in mind.

My question upon seeing that alot of dmrs break 100ft, since this is a dmr thread. But what in your opinion would be the sweet spot for a dmr's power level? Ever since I had the P* fusion engine i've been bouncing between 530fps and 450fps, mainly because I can't make up my mind as to what is actually an ideal power level. 450 means a shorter minimum engagement distance, plus I won't feel bad shooting at people closer in.Yet thats for the free to play games around here, at the nearest local field the limit is 550 with a med of 100ft for anyone over 400fps.

At my dmr's current power level(1.96j) a torso sized target at 260ft is no problem. Thats with .32g bb's. Curious to see what results some .4g madbulls will yield.

Very nice, second on repalce that muzzle break...I might want it for my dmr instead of buying a a full on 16inch barrel. The build looks good, and the flat hop should yield some excellent results if done correctly. Though if your feeling brave you can get the r-hop which would be more reliable in the long run. Another thing, if you didn't know is that any of the flathop modifications would allow you to use super heavy bbs which would normally be too heavy, so bear that in mind....

Thanks. To be more specific, I'm using "flat hop" to describe a shaved bucking, turned 90°, installed with a significantly enlarged barrel window and a Firefly soft buffer rubber. In no way is this less reliable than a glued-on scrap of rubber tubing, and in my experience it can actually be more effective if you like to be able to adjust your hop setting.

Thanks. To be more specific, I'm using "flat hop" to describe a shaved bucking, turned 90°, installed with a significantly enlarged barrel window and a Firefly soft buffer rubber. In no way is this less reliable than a glued-on scrap of rubber tubing, and in my experience it can actually be more effective if you like to be able to adjust your hop setting.

True, ive never heard of a flat hop wearing out. But for clarification the r-hop can be adjusted.

My DMR:

EBR_Millet.jpg

EBR_Millet_Close.jpg

WE GBB M14

WE M14 EBR Kit

RA-Tech Tightbore

Falcon hop-up rubber

RA-Tech steel trigger housing, trigger, trigger pin, and hammer

RA-Tech summer op-rod spring

RA-Tech EBR extended bolt stop/release

RA-Tech bolt catch

RS Selector lock

Millet DMS 1-4x

LaRue LT-608 mount

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

But beware!

It took me about 16 hours of sanding by hand before I was able to make that handguard fit!

I am still looking for the rails that can actually be fitted.

The distance between the screwholes is unique, I am afraid.

If you can find one in stock, they're not badly priced in the authentic real steel.

http://swfa.com/Badger-Ordnance-Stabilizer-Handguard-P51224.aspx

Although they're temporarily out of production, perhaps some of the real steel rails made to fit them, would fit.

http://badgerordnance.com/handguards/