• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

The PEQ is visible in the tube at the 1x. Its in the lower 15%-20% of the FOV. But you would have no issue using the optic. At anything with magnification you don't notice it at all...

Accupoint TR24 has a eye relief of 3.2", which the way I am shooting I have no issue using it at 1x as a reflex sight even with stock at full collapse. But it works better with the stock at position 2 or 3 if you are shooting closer to 4x, so that is where I usually leave it. If you shoot really close with your nose to the charging handle, or have a scope with longer eye relief, you might want to think of using SPR-E instead.

And here is my own AEG DMR in the form of one very highly tuned CA AUG A1. To be honest I don't know exactly what parts are in this gun, as its about 6 years old and has 3 owners in total. All I know is that it has the PDC(?) hop unit in it, Guarder gearbox internals and a PDI tightbore. Tightbore runs to just inside the standard flashhider, which was removed in order to mount the silencer, which works like a charm apparently. ~15m shot, target didn't hear it.

Running at 380 on 0.28s. Longest confirmed kill at 360 feet.

photo-2.jpg

It's the rifle being used in this pic taken at the NZ Nationals recently.

Nats2012Meday1ghillie.jpg

Nats2012Day3MeRecon.jpg

Edited by EngageNZL
  • 1 month later...