It's Prometheus that do the ASH line in 6.05mm...to be fair I think you could throw either into a gun and see minimal difference

Herp derp. You're totally right.

I do like the 6.05s though - they perform just as well in my experience as a 6.01mm tightbore, without the power increase or sensitivity to BBs.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

Herp derp. You're totally right.

I do like the 6.05s though - they perform just as well in my experience as a 6.01mm tightbore, without the power increase or sensitivity to BBs.

I have no experience with 6.01's, but I do quite like my ASH 6.05's. I have 2 in my MP5K's and they're absolutely fantastic.

NZL1ASLRFInished.jpg

The G&P ACOG arrived today after spending a week at the New York Customs depot (really strange as I'm on the other coast and normally Alaska or California is where the package is routed). I'm extremely pleased with the end result. There's some wobble between the upper and lower receivers, but that's normal as the screw that holds on the plastic stock normally tightens this up. It doesn't affect accuracy though and I don't really notice it.

I purchased a SAAV, which I modified by cutting out the dividers so I can use it with the 7.62mm magazines and it holds them really well.

Cheers and enjoy,

Piano

• Like 1

I don't know exactly what a DMR is, but I saw similar guns in this thread and posted mine.

Internal specs

Polarstar fusion engine

Red nozzle

98/4500 tank

SLP air rig

Prommy 509mm 6.03 tight bore

Prowin hop up

Prommy soft bucking

At 400fps w/ .2s, I got plenty of confirmed kills at a game around 300 feet. At 475fps w/ .4s, I get around 350+ foot range.

At max psi, I get 600fps and I have no idea the crazy range I can get with that

I don't know exactly what a DMR is, but I saw similar guns in this thread and posted mine.

Internal specs

Polarstar fusion engine

Red nozzle

98/4500 tank

SLP air rig

Prommy 509mm 6.03 tight bore

Prowin hop up

Prommy soft bucking

At 400fps w/ .2s, I got plenty of confirmed kills at a game around 300 feet. At 475fps w/ .4s, I get around 350+ foot range.

At max psi, I get 600fps and I have no idea the crazy range I can get with that

Curious about your 300ft shots, are you using using bursts of full auto to maximize the chances of a hit?

No, I set my FCU to semi only, since I never use full auto.

Polarstars can be tuned to shoot higher weight BBs better than AEGs, usually because of more air following the BB all the way through the barrel. P*s also work better with heavy weight BBs. They are a very different system than AEGs and usually perform better than a super built up gearbox for the same price. Where I live, there are a lot of polarstar users, and we all shoot high ranges.

DMR = Designated Marksmans Rifle. All of the British Army are expected to be able to pass their Marksman badge so they can actually hit what they shoot at with out wasting ammo. A DMR is a rifle which is also accurate,in the case of the L129A1 it's actually a differant calibre from the rest of the unit as it shoot 7.62. This means it has the same range as the Taliban weapons with as much penetration power at range. In the hands of the average squaddy this means the Taliban aren't safe even when they hide behind walls. The L129A1 is also semi auto much like the SR25.

Edited by rolling-thunder

Doesn't more air mean more power, with such a system?

Still need a good hop up unit or is that no longer the case?

Polarstars are strange fellows, they can behave like an aeg, in that once you go past a certain weight of bb the power drops off. Or if your like me and you cranked the poppet dwell(how much air is pushed down the barrel) up really high-it behaves like a gas gun on steroids. Its been awhile since I set my guns poppet dwell up high so I can't remember some details. But at 120psi my gun was shooting 513/.20s. When I stuck some .4s in there, it was shooting the joule equivliant to 580/w.2s. Again don't quote me, its been literally a year since that day I chrono'd it with those settings. Maybe when my new bucking gets here I can reconfirm those results. :P

The point is that fusion engines are not constrained by a cylinder and you can put as much air into the barrel as you need, but of course, you still need a good hopup.

Edited by sniperelite7

Like any gas gun; the volume of gas is potentially far greater than what's required to expel the BB. In short, if you are chrono-ing with .20s then hitting the field with heavier ammo you are very likely cheating the intent of your sites' rules, if not their strict wording. It's this kind of thing that has gotten P* guns banned from at least two local fields--they do not shoot any farther than other guns of the same energy level.

As for what constitutes a designated marksman's rifle, if you're doing any sort of military simulation:

Standard carbine, CQBR, SMG,: Never a DMR no matter how long your silencer is

Accurized, rifle length 5.56×45mm (or similar) weapon with magnified optic: Possibly a DMR (e.g. Mark 12 Mod 0/1, SAM-R, SDM-R)

7.62×51mm (or similar) semi automatic rifle with magnified optic: Almost certainly a DMR (e.g. M39, M110 SASS, SR-25, HK417)

Of course This Is Airsoft, and nothing but site/team rules, cost, and common sense prevents me from building a 4" sniper rifle or fitting a PSG1 barrel to an MP5K (actually seen this done).

Oh, well I have a 14.5" barrel and a 509mm inside.

In airsoft, I technically have a 20" working barrel, so my gun is an AIRSOFT DMR and therefore is allowed in an airsoft weapon thread.

And yeah, Polarstars are a bit different than AEGs with the heavy BBs. With .20s or .25s my gun barely performs better than a regular AEG. .40s? Your range, joules, pressure, everything goes waaay up, also depending on how much poppet dwell is on there.

Oh, well I have a 14.5" barrel and a 509mm inside.

In airsoft, I technically have a 20" working barrel, so my gun is an AIRSOFT DMR and therefore is allowed in an airsoft weapon thread.

And yeah, Polarstars are a bit different than AEGs with the heavy BBs. With .20s or .25s my gun barely performs better than a regular AEG. .40s? Your range, joules, pressure, everything goes waaay up, also depending on how much poppet dwell is on there.

Energy creep is evident in AEGs too, just not as much as in gas systems with floating valves.

That being said, your P*, shooting with 0.4g bbs, will get exactly the same range as an AEG which fires 0.4g bbs at the same muzzle energy. Laws of Physics.