My SPR'ish work in progress based off a KWA SR12.

DSCF1854Editada8.jpg

DSCF1853Editada7.jpg

What's missing:

-harris bipod (almost here).

-Scope rail mount for a future Docter sight

-Peq 15 which is also on it's way.

-Foregrip, probably Knights Armaments.  

-Crane stock

-Butler creek scope covers (on their way)

Also on my list is changing the scope mounts for a more decent pair.. not urgent though.  

What I'm still debating, is which flash hider/muzzle break to use. I'd love to use an SPR FH/silencer combo, but the barrel assembly is one piece. I'm thinking on a vortex flash hider.. but I'm not really sure. Any suggestions will be welcome.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick, everyone post their 7.62 variants while the 5.56 users are sleeping.

SR25 Variants <3

I was unaware that it would come with the "zombie killer" trademarks/I didn't want them but it probably had a painted future anyway.

- A&K SR25K
- Repro Leupold M3 Scope
- Element Larue 1.5 SPR Scope Mount
- CQD Sling Mount
- KAC Foregrip (Old-school fore grips forever)
- Harris Bipod
- Dummy PEQ-15
- Magpul .20LR Mag
- VTAC Padded sling (MC)

3EB79629-CF37-492D-B25C-2F9DD0D1C19F-398

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished my 6x ACOG build. Most time was spent waiting for the parts.

1441420_10202328092862066_1699720227_n_z

573_10202328093142073_483039753_n_zpsc7a

& now my L129 looks like this {sorry about the pictures,as you will be able to see it's a bit wet outside}.

545909_10202328133343078_1048973684_n_zp

935568_10202328134663111_1995327030_n_zp

601106_10202328134223100_1171540347_n_zp

Still to do,i now have to fit the shell deflector to the upper reciever as they stop the scope mounts being fitted. I am starting workon that tomorrow & i'll also be fitting an ambidextrous Mag release which will involve cutting a slot in the lower reciever & other scary things.

[url=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/ro11ingthunder/media/airsoft%20guns/1003549_10202328207664936_1658605422_n_zpsdfcaa5bd.jpg.html]1003549_10202328207664936_1658605422_n_z[/

I'm going to take a mould from the SR16 reciever to make the mag release guard & somehow fix it to my L129 lower reciever. Top picture is the real L129,my gun is in the middle & the SR16 lower reciever is at the bottom for comparison. Taking a mould means i get a better defined mag release guard.

Edited by rolling-thunder
  • Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ivan, assuming that's a Leupold Mk. 4 LR/T, do you happen to remember what sizes the Butler Creeks are? Nowhere near me stocks them for me to test-fit, and I really don't want to have to send them back. Do you find the eyepiece scope cover interferes with or moves the Fast Focus eyepiece, or does it help secure it in place?

Well, the Butler Creek flip-up scope covers come in numerous different sizes. This chart suggests that I need a #13 (39.9mm) for the eyepiece and a #26 (46.2mm) for the objective - do you know if those sound about right? I've left my callipers somewhere and can't measure the scope I've got in front of me particularly accurately.

As to the second question, my ACM Leupold rip-off includes the Fast Focus eyepiece feature (which some clones - G&P's, for example - don't) - that is, the eyepiece can be rotated to adjust the focal plane of the reticle. What I want to know is whether the eyepiece scope cap grabs the housing, or the rotatable eyepiece. If it's the latter, flipping open the scope cap might accidentally adjust the eyepiece and thus the reticle, which would be deeply irritating.

Well, the Butler Creek flip-up scope covers come in numerous different sizes. This chart suggests that I need a #13 (39.9mm) for the eyepiece and a #26 (46.2mm) for the objective - do you know if those sound about right? I've left my callipers somewhere and can't measure the scope I've got in front of me particularly accurately.

As to the second question, my ACM Leupold rip-off includes the Fast Focus eyepiece feature (which some clones - G&P's, for example - don't) - that is, the eyepiece can be rotated to adjust the focal plane of the reticle. What I want to know is whether the eyepiece scope cap grabs the housing, or the rotatable eyepiece. If it's the latter, flipping open the scope cap might accidentally adjust the eyepiece and thus the reticle, which would be deeply irritating.

The Butler Creek covers covers grabs the ring but is also tight around the tube - they go on very tightly and the entire thing can be rotated, but mine will not freely rotate from normal use (you have to move it with a bit of force). I use an old gen Lupy TS-30 so it might be different on newer MR-T's or Chinese made scopes. On a side note, my recent set of caps broke on my NXS nearly instantly. I flipped it open the hinge just tore off. Apparently this is happening to quite a few users on various scopes. I switched to the original Night Force caps and they are much better quality. Unfortunately they don't come in very many sizes.

Edited by BaBaBooey
  • Like 1