• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Thanks!  In my opinion it looked much better with some paint: 

IMAG0410.jpg

Unfortunately it's been sold, but a teammate bought it so I get to play with it occasionally.  It was sitting on my dining room table with a Mark 4 scope on M10 rings and Atlas bipod when he came over for a visit; he snatched it up immediately and hasn't changed a thing.  

I miss having a semi-fantasy DMR in the collection, so I've been sketching a modernized SVU.  

• Like 5

Ebay IIRC, it's a Mission First Tactical Battlelink Utility Stock with a Battlelink Adjustable Cheek Piece (yikes).  MFT BUST with BACP for short.  

A cheek riser is pretty much a requirement for the M14ALCS/CV (Mk14 Mod 1) chassis.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did you have to mention the kit. It bothers me too! :(

Don't let it bother you...there's no shame in using a kit.

There's only a few us that are truly talented (i.e. renegadecow, aac, etc...) that are making unique pieces.  We're basically all using kits...we collect pre-made parts, real gun or otherwise, and assemble them together. Sure some parts are hard to get, sure real gun parts are often nicer looking (one could say that the GB-Tech Mod 0 Deluxe kit is a pretty nice and difficult kit to get), sure they require modifications to fit, but in the end it's all a collection of pre-made parts assembled into something that's generally been done before.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Time for some updates on my DMR's progression.

as originally swapped

20140628_122532_zpsfe284976.jpg

Pretty paracord wrapping on stock concealing major damage, scope was thoroughly fogged internally, and single hicap. 

nearly there,

20140726_210412_zps5a3358fa.jpg

As it is now

20140822_123757_zps336xwtk6.jpg

20140821_182837_zpsldiql35y.jpg

Now with clone Harris bipod and scope, Madbull Ultimate hop unit, rear wired to deans in the MC Crane stock,

Magpul PTS MOE grip, ACM ladder rail covers, and foam modded silencer, 4x LR20 PMAGs

Airseal and hop upgrades took the FPS from 375 to 420 with 0.2g,

Semi only of course and running happily on a 7.4v 2200mah lipo in the stock tube.

Jim.

• 1 month later...

The sniper rifle picture thread is in the "Sniping haven" section of "the game"

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/152004-pictures-thread-our-own-specific-thread-read-rules/page-114&do=findComment&comment=2702148

Edited by gisburn20
  • 2 weeks later...