The NEW Asahi make only springers unfortunately all based on the APS2 system.

They made L96, Blaser R93, M24, M24A2 and I think M700 but I'm not entirely sure on the M700.

All are expensive but the most expensive is the M24A2 I haven't been able to find one under $2500!

Mags is an issue tho I don't know if modded Maruzen APS2 mags could work.

Wolf

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AK DMR?

Something a bit different: WE M14 (with Ra-Tech trigger group) inside a realsteel TROY S.A.S.S. (Semi Automatic Sniper System) chassis. Very nice high-end chassis, CNC aluminum, the M14 needs a f

Hopefully this isn’t heresy, here’s my latest DMR build.  KJ Works KC02, gutted and refitted with Rogueworx internals. Stuck in a Samson B-TM stock and given a custom turned tapered outer barrel.

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, PureSilver said:

Very nice. What were the donor guns?

Both are Ares bodies, the black is the older XM110 body build by DG, it's emi auto only and you could buy it as a complete gun, the trigger is awesome , love it .

P5010373_zpscd310128.jpg

P5010371_zpscc69497e.jpg

The Tan was build by me .. It's working fine I've done tr trigger mod for more stable FPS, I have to R hop it now .. 

Wolf

Edited by wolfgeorge
  • Like 2
  • 5 months later...

Please excuse the necro but I'm not sure if anybody is still looking for PMAG's for SR25?

I just found these today.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/aeg-mid-cap/120-round-sr25-ar10-rifle-magazine-dark-earth-battleaxe

Really cheap and look solid, battleaxe also do them as 500 round hicaps or 300 round flash mags, I've ordered 2 black ones from a UK supplier to compare them with my old PTS LR20 PMAG's.

Jim.

• 6 months later...

Well, more of a sniperrifle, but as it is semi-auto and the DMR-thread is still open, I thought "why not post it here?" :)

Socom Gear Barrett M82A1 V1 semi-AEG - a LOT of steel on this monster, just the barrel and the muzzle break are made out of aluminum, the rest is steel.

VERY heavy and came with upgraded gearbox and 650mm Madbull inner barrel from the factory.

socomgearbarrett01iokwm.jpg

Always wanted to go for the Socom Gear M107 GBB instead, but somehow never got my hands on one.

Now I'm thinking of parting with this M82 due to a few expensive new other guns, so if you're interested and willing to spend a lot of money, let me know :D

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Sounds like a good plan Wolf :)

A fellow from the GGE forums here in Germany has dumped a lot of work into the Socom Gear M107, changing and polishing the feeding ramp, the chamber, the shells, machined them down and added threaded front parts, that can be swapped out, when they're damaged... but it still does not work correctly 100%... pretty much a total design desaster :(

However, here's some more pics. Not a DMR by any means, but this seems to be the sniper-thread now anyway ;)

Asahi M40A1 (I reckon most of you here know about the history of these) with a Kitagawa Seizosho Unertl USMC 10x clone on top and a Harris bipod:

asahim40mst100bfhkks.jpg

asahim40mst100aiij4n.jpg

asahim40mst100hmhkcr.jpg

Very nice clone of the USMC scope:

asahim40mst100d17j71.jpg

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, it’s been 10 years or so since I last posted but I thought that this was Arnies worthy 

Purchased as a 2 tone, this is a good old fashioned Cyma clone M14. Hop up was garbage so swapped it out for a TM. Reshimmed, wired for a Gate-style fet, stuck a higher torque motor in, sorted the airseal and put a ML Macaron in to cap it off. Removed the bar for the fire selector to give a mechanical semi-only lock. Consistent output of 430-435 with 0.2’s

Managed to find a real wood stock. It was a bit “orange” so I sanded it, stained it and sealed it with some OSMO (lovely stuff). Got a local engraver to cut me some Winchester trades (unusual but authentic) and sent the parts off to be given a spray of Cerakote E110.

Wanted to build this for years, very happy with how it came out!

07CDF44A-1D4B-4F05-9E90-0AD1F635232A.jpeg

46B7ADED-1EAA-4583-BD02-FDF1C298CF43.jpeg

BEB1755F-851A-40B8-868C-81CC02EE23D9.jpeg

3752D720-67EE-4027-924D-239DED2004A9.jpeg

3F37BCC1-E831-4CBD-A24A-D192B5F9CF83.jpeg

• Like 5