Pantac vs Flyye Go Bag

The real deal info

The S.O. Tech Go Bag was designed for vehicle drivers and chopper crews. Its small cylindrical design is made so that it can easily store in the confined spaces of the vehicles where a traditional bag would not fit. The carry straps on each end allow the Go Bag to be grabbed by the crew when they need to get out in a hurry. I have been using mine as a random gear bag for a week now. I have stored everything from tools to clothes in it. I have nothing but good things to say with this design.

Build Material

Pantac- This Go Bag is built using quality materials such as YKK zippers, 1000D Cordura in your choice of colour, and ITW Nexus buckles.

Flyye- This Go Bag is built using roughly the same material as the Pantac with a few differences. The buckles are not ITW they are UTX. The handle for the main bag zipper is thinner seatbelt material then the Pantac. The snaps are different then the Pantac ones having Flyye pressed into the female part of them. The drainage grommets on the Pantac are larger than the Flyye.

Overview

Since both of these bags are pretty much the same I will go over the features of the bag and then explain any quality issues that arise as I go through.

The Go Bag setup is a great idea. It’s a small bag with various storage pouches on it as well as Molle webbing to expand storage. The main pouch is close to the back to aid if a zipper is to blow out allowing your things to be securely kept in place. Inside the main pouch is also a pocket for hydration bladder. The hose for the hydration pack would have to be routed through the back zipper. This is one part I think the design falls a bit short. It would have taken very little effort for a hole in the top of the bag to be made much like the TAB with a Velcro cover. However as far as I can tell the S.O. Tech version does not have this feature so the purists will be happy. Other than that the main pouch is devoid of any other interesting features. The main pouch is opened with two YKK zippers attached by material so that each side can be opened at the same time. This is where the difference I spoke about before comes in. The Flyye has a lighter weight nylon seatbelt material and the Pantac has a thicker and stronger looking/feeling one. Both get the job done but I see the Flyye failing before the Pantac’s would (not that I see either failing any time soon).

The single shoulder strap on this bag is designed to be worn across the chest to allow the bag to be easily rotated from back to front to get items out quick. The straps can be adjusted for length at the bottom or bag position at the top. Both bags are more or less the same in the way they adjust. The straps on the Pantac are more rigid then the Flyye but the Flyye comes with an elastic band to help remove the extra strap from flopping around. On the Pantac the upper strap is attached further down on the large part of the shoulder strap allowing for more adjustability. The shoulder strap of each bag has three rows of Molle webbing on it allowing a single pouch to be attached if the need arises.

Each side of the bag has two sets of Molle webbing on them. Three rows at the top and three rows at the bottom. This allows you to attach any extra pouches needed. Along with the Molle webbing each side of the bag has a zippered pouch that spans the length of the bag however one side has a stitched divider in it. This pouch is great for storing documents or smaller items. I was using these to carry wrenches and screw drivers and it worked great. On the front of the bag there are three equal sized zippered pouches. Each pouch is identical and has a drainage grommet in the bottom.

The last thing I have to really comment about is the stitching. Both bags stitching is more than sturdy for airsoft use. However I would have to hand the better stitching to the Pantac replica. There are no loose threads, the reinforcing is top notch and everything looks neat and tidy. The Flyye is good but it has the occasional thread hanging out here and there and some of the stitching looks a tiny bit sloppy in places. Both bags will stand up to a lot of abuse however.

Conclusion

These bags are similarly priced but I would choose the Pantac due to its slightly better quality stitching.

Pictures

Pantac on left Flyye on right

Pantac on top Flyye on bottom

The front of the bag

1.jpg

The side of the bag the other side looks the same so I will refrain from posting it.

2.jpg

The strap and back of the bag

3.jpg

The top of the bag

4.jpg

The bottom of the bag. Notice the larger grommets used on the Pantac

5.jpg

A close up view of the straps. Notice how each company does it differently.

6.jpg

A close up of the front pouches

7.jpg

The innards of the bag

8.jpg

One of the side zippered pouch's. The other side doesn’t have the stitched divider in it.

9.jpg

The back with the shoulder strap flipped to the other side.

10.jpg

Thank you for the kind words. Its the second in a series of hopefully many reviews. The internal dimensions are 53cm x 13cm x 13cm so if your rifle fits that you will be good. You are correct they are two separate companies that happen to be competing. As I have said before any suggestions criticisms etc of my review please feel free to let me know. The only way to improve is by knowing what people are looking for.