Tell people when warned or why topics and posts are deleted

This is getting annoying. I have had my posts deleted by mod and was never told why, and even got a warning and wasent told why.

That bad modding. I dont want this site to be like ASR, where mods are godlike and can do whatever they want.

I dont think I should have a warning if I wasent verbally warned first or even told by a mod it was wrong. Thats unfair.

I didnt see why it was wrong as people post pics of guns without orange tips, So i posted it. I see zero reason for a warning, honestly.

I read the rules when i got here, I didnt assume that was wrong because of the above.

I posted the topic twice BECAUSE I was never told why it was deleted the first time. Make sence right? or no?

Edited by Mr Foxhound

Click on the % of warn you have, then you can see the reason for each 10% you have.

You made a thread asking how to remove the orange tip from your gun which is against the forum rules. The reason is given there:

You also cannot discuss anything that will help someone break the law in his or her locale. This includes the following...

* How to remove the Orange Paint from the muzzle of US replicas (or in other countries where it is a legal requirement)

And warn is just that, a warning, giving a 'verbal' warning before giving warn kinda defeats the object.

Besides, warn isn't necessarily permanent , if a mods notice you being particularly helpful then, if enough time has passed since your warn was issued, they'll lower it.

But we ARE godlike. MwahahahaHAAAAAAAAA! :Dr_Evil:

*strokes fluffy white cat and swivels in huge leather chair*

Seriously though, don't post threads in breach of the rules and they won't be deleted (and you won't get warn points). You've done it, been warned and hopefully learned not to do it again, and no small fluffy animals were hurt as a result. Job done I'd say. If it was anything to worry about or in any way vague, I'm sure you'd both have been chatting away like a couple of chatty things about it. It wasn't, so I wouldn't worry about it - just don't do it again and it'll all be spiffing :D

For the record, I have a dog and a rather crappy cloth office chair. It does swivel though.

*swivels*

Okay. I GUESS i understand. Just some forums are not like that.

I suposse one warning isnt big of a deal, just dosent hurt to ask.

MY warn came from posting about it twice, which I didnt know a mod deleted it, i thought the forum messed up. So that why i brought it up.

Wasent near as bad as my experienece with ASR mods. Haha

Edited by Mr Foxhound

As already said, we give a reason when issuing warn; this is displayed when you check your warn level.

In an ideal world we'd have time to send a PM to every user who is warned explaining the reasons behind warning them, but in an ideal world we'd also all be paid to do this, so that we didn't have to worry about real life commitments...

...Until that point I'm afraid the best idea is just to check the reasoning as above.

As always, if you wish to discuss your warn increases, you are welcome to contact the appropriate moderator and take the matter to another moderator if you feel this does not get you the desired result.

Thanks. :)