Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I bead blast my silver Zeke M29 kit to match the finish on my new Tanaka M629 does anyone have a silver M29 they might be willing to trade straight up with me? I would prefer not to blast the Zeke kit because the finish is actually really nice.

HPIM0558.jpg

yeah I think the midnight gold sucks......now I might have to get some more midnight gold guns though, and do this treatment. After the treatment i would describe the finish as about as good looking as the old midnight blue finish. would anyone like more pictures of the finished product?

EDIT - Your gonna see more pics weather you want to or not :P

These pictures I just took are much better

100_0465.jpg

100_0464.jpg

100_0466.jpg

Edited by dirtyharry.44
wow...just...wow.

no more wishing i could get certain guns in midnight blue.

EXACTLY!I was always saying "WHY CANT THEY MAKE MIDNIGHT BLUE ANYMORE" turns out, midnight gold with some modifying is better :D.

This has nothing to do with midnight gold or anything, but Since I had the camera out, i figured why not :P

100_0474.jpg

dirtyharry.44, Glad to see it worked out for you too.

One thing is better about the new midnight finish though, it is far more durable than the old midnight blue finish.

The old finish could be scraped off with your finger nails... but so far the new midnight finish on my python has held up even to the cylinder release friction on the frame.

Now with polishing compound though, at least most of the ugliness of the new finish can be fixed.

Although I do remember the old midnight blue finish still looking a bit nicer.

dirtyharry.44, Glad to see it worked out for you too.

One thing is better about the new midnight finish though, it is far more durable than the old midnight blue finish.

The old finish could be scraped off with your finger nails... but so far the new midnight finish on my python has held up even to the cylinder release friction on the frame.

Now with polishing compound though, at least most of the ugliness of the new finish can be fixed.

Although I do remember the old midnight blue finish still looking a bit nicer.

Yeah, the old midnight blue was a tad more shiney, but this is perfect imo. I never would of thought to use polishing compound if you hadnt mentioned it. I usually only use that on my bowie knives :P . But anyways, It looks great and as you said it is a whole lot more durable...its perfect :D

I used the polishing compound included in the dremel cleaning/polishing set.

Always be careful when you do something like this though... first test it out on the butt of the gun that's covered up by the grip panels or somewhere else that's not visible unless the gun is disassembled. If you think it's safe, then you can do the rest of the gun.

I used the polishing compound included in the dremel cleaning/polishing set.

Always be careful when you do something like this though... first test it out on the butt of the gun that's covered up by the grip panels or somewhere else that's not visible unless the gun is disassembled. If you think it's safe, then you can do the rest of the gun.

yup, thats what i do in these types of situations.

p.s.Anyone wanna sell their midnight gold m29 or python :D:D:D:D???

• 3 weeks later...