Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to point this out; Zeke has started another run of their diecast SAA frames, in unfinished, black, and nickel finishes. I got mine through the japan yahoo auctions, but im sure a shop that has stocked them before, like dentrinity, could get them if you ask.

They have the horse trademark on them this time :D

6453883.jpg

unfinished

62yil9h.jpg

black

4toyjhj.jpg

nickel

4zl8135.jpg

I chose to get the unfinished, and am planning on imitating a case color-hardened finish, like they do on hartford.co.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P9280135.sized.jpg

M629 classic 6.5 inch that I picked up today. Closest thing to a M629 Performance Center that I could find before "D Day".

Good weight and finish, power is the usual Tanaka full frame beefiness. "629 Classic" lettering on RHS of the barrel is a little disappointing (the 629 is lightly stamped) but other than that it's a very nice model. Will get some pictures in natural sunlight as my camera is cack indoors.

I just got my Tanaka M29 4.6" Magnum today and all I can say is wow. Mind you, coming from WGCshop, there's nearly no trades, but that's ok. I managed to source a set of Excaliber wooden grips for it and as soon as I get them on there, I'll post an edit. All of the SAAs I see here is making me think of "For A Few Dollars More."

P.S. Is that a Hogue grip on you classic, The Boy Swift?

Absolutly beautiful, can you tell me how the grips feel? And how is the accuracy on the new SAA (I have an old SAA silver edition)

The grips feel great, add some weight to it, and are actually decently finished. RS grips will still probably be nicer.

The accuracy is decent at best. The gun shoots well below the point of aim, but there haven't been any real fliers.

Tanaka SAA Cavalry - Midnight

saa2hc2.jpg

That IS lovely - Wish I'd bought a long barrelled SAA and some wood grips before the VCRA now (especially in that finish, looks great)... :(

Basterd Government...

Cheers.

Edited by snowman
That IS lovely - Wish I'd bought a long barrelled SAA and some wood grips before the VCRA now (especially in that finish, looks great)... :(

Basterd Government...

Cheers.

Thanks, I really like it.

I set it out in the sun the other day for 10-15 minutes and on green gas it shot 481...I really can't get over how powerful this thing is.