Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m19.jpg

Tanaka M19 with CNC Prototype Frame and outer barrel

m19collage.jpg

Majority of these kits were made in 2.5 inch and became direct imports to Japan, retailing for aprox 113,400 Yen. The 4 inch shown here is a prototype, not yet available as far as I know.

Solid piece of work, very clean detailing and the inner guts are encased by itself (Original uses a separate zinc place inside the plastic body) Night and day compared to the ZEKE kits, but then again, the ZEKE kits cost 5 times less.

On that Korean website, it says there are only 30 of them produced exclusively by Shooter's Design for Japanese OEM. No wonder why it is so expensive. Also it comes with original S&W wood grip set.

Edited by fal

Yeah, but that's only 'reality' for countries where it's possible to buy a firearm...

That's why airsoft exists, because the Japanese are forbidden them.

That said, that's an awful lot of money - Has anyone in the US tried building a Tanaka revolver into the frame of a real S&W?

Cheers.

Edited by snowman
Woah. Is that your kit?

Any info on where to get any of these kits? 2.5" or this one?

Yes, I've had this for a while now. Got it through a friend of mine in HK prior to release.

Other than Yahoo Auction, you can try source the 2.5 kits in Japan here:

http://www.bishoen-hobby.ne.jp/bc058.htm

It is a lot of money.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is the cost so high on these CNC'd kits as opposed to a CNC'd 1911 or Beretta kit? Is it because their so rare? Are they paying for licensing rights? I just can't understand how they can justify charging $1800+ on kit. Some may say its manufacturing costs but if they made more of these kits and provided them to the market outside of Japan, I assume sales would be higher which would drop the cost down...

Yup. That's because only 30 of them is produced. In general, tooling setup cost and other initial costs are very high when it comes to CNC machining, and those costs has to be distributed on each cut.

What I'm guessing is that, since this is made as an OEM for Japanese company/market, it would have been funded by them. If this was initiated and funded from ground up by Shooter's design, they wouldn't have produced in such limited numbers. But since it's not funded by them, they were only producing it to meet up their client's request. Only reason I can think of why Shooter's design didn't market these kits by themselves, would be that they don't consider it as "profitable" compare to producing kits for other more popular models such as 1911/2011 series etc.

It's really sad that revolvers are still a very minor market in airsoft. It seems a lot of people just want to run around field blazing their AEGs with some rediculusly mass loaded hicaps. Nothing wrong with that. Just one of the ways of enjoying the sport. But for us collectors and more sophisticated enthusiasts will just have to suffer the small world of airsoft. :(

BTW. I really hope Marushin comes back producing more revolvers and with improved quality.(and as long as they are HW models) Their next line up is P210 in HW material. I was half hoping them to release more revolvers other than those Japanese police ones. Tanaka is really great and love the feel and look to it, but I still find that I need shells to work with.

Yeah, but that's only 'reality' for countries where it's possible to buy a firearm...

That's why airsoft exists, because the Japanese are forbidden them.

That said, that's an awful lot of money - Has anyone in the US tried building a Tanaka revolver into the frame of a real S&W?

Cheers.

Snow, that would be a BAD idea. The frame is the serial numbered part of the firearm. Meaning you'd be converting your registered firearm into an airsoft gun....But it's still considered a firearm by the Gov.

Maybe something to look into is getting an %80 frame for one. They sell them here in the states for all sorts of guns. You just have to do the actual finish work. Completely unregulated sale, as they aren't considered firearms. I'm not sure if they make them for S&W frames though.

As for pictures....my old 629 PC. I don't know why I got rid of this.

6293smallsu2.th.jpg

Edited by Whitedingo