Revolver Picture Thread

Only downer I can say bout it is that outerbarrel is not solidly attached to the frame and Marushin trademark engraved on it. Mine is already woobling a bit, although very slightly. But then nothing bit of epoxy can't fix. Really a miner problem I'd say.

Tap out the pin on front sight, remove the front sight, remove the grub screw, pull off outer barrel, and tighten the brass thing on the back. That's how I solved my issues. I'm with you on what you said about the Blackhawk, it's definitely more fun than a Tanaka SAA.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gallery_312_308_20888.jpg

Uploaded a new picture of my Hartford Remington New Model Army.

Cheers.

How do you like it? I had the earlier versions where you had to pull the hammer back rapidly in order for the cylinder to click into the right space. I'm told that has been remedied with the newer models so you can pull the hammer back as slowly as you like and the cylinder will line up fine with the barrel.

I had loads of trouble with it when I got it.

Basically, it just emptied all the gas down the barrel as soon as you fired it initially and then it was pitifully weak even with Propane (talking around 130fps! :( ), but that all seems sorted now.

I just dug it out (bought it before the VCRA came into force, obviously) and put it through my review process.

Decently powerful (it's a < 1J legislation model, but does 300fps or so on Propane) and impressively accurate (out to 5M anyway).

Have no problem with the cylinder not lining up and love to cock it slowly (mmm, sounds a bit wrong, but you know what I mean <_<).

Feels very good in the hand, pretty heavy for a plastic gun, the brass trigger guard no doubt helps - Shame it's not finished in Tanaka's Midnight Blue or even Gold, though.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman
  • 2 weeks later...

Was curious about the metal polish bit and decided to try it for myself. Problem was of course that my handgun is in flat black and doubt if that would shine no matter how many hours I polish it. I painted it gloss black first since the metal parts were already faded from use, then attacked it with rubbing compound. Everything was going well until some spots of the metal parts flaked off. But overall, I think it went well.

100_0614.jpg

100_0615.jpg

Edited by renegadecow