Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I got one last week from redwolf, right after some spare shells came for sale over there. Too bad though that...

1. Don't have a chrono = can't tell exact velocity

2. Don't have much space = can't make a range/accuaracy tests

3. Don't have the chance to skirmish with it for some time = can't make a skirmish report

4. Don't have a camera = can't take pictures..!

:[

It has been fun to plink around with it at home though :D

Some thoughts/experiences so far

1. Comfy to hold, a nice rubber grip

2. Removable shells are metal, can shoot 2-3 shots before noticable decrease in power. You can't insert the bb's properly into the shells with just your fingers, the shellcases that come with both the gun and the spare shell sets have a nub which let you push them properly into place. You can spin the cylinder when pulled out of the frame, and it's pretty easy to flick it back, but much harder, if even possible at all, to flick it out. Can't say about the safety in the case of the gun's durability though if doing it in a long term...

3. Gun itself is pretty lightweighted, though shells give a little heft. A tad lighter than the KWC CO2 DE with a normal sized mag. Most of the external look is plastic. Adjustable rear sight.

4. quite a light trigger pull, or at least noticeably lighter than the HFC M712's in both single and double action

5. Markings on the left= "500 S&W MAGNUM" on the barrel and some sort of S&W trademark logo on the back of the frame and on the grip. On the right= "SMITH & WESSON" on the barrel and some sort of S&W 500 logo on the back of the frame, the same logo on the right side of the grip as it is on the left, and a small "MADE IN JAPAN MARCAS REGISTRADAS SMITH & WESSON TANAKA ASGK" though for some reason, There seems to be some presses on each letter of the ASGK as if there was an attempt to remove/hide it..? Plus there are "CORBON" and "500 S & W MAG R" around the back of the shell where you fill the gas in.

6. I realized that revolvers are not lefty-friendly, at least not the 500. The trigger finger's on the way when pulling the cylinder out of the frame and it also cant reach the cylinder release button/lever. Also I'm currently a bit puzzled in a skirmisher's point of view as where to put the spare shells safely and where to get something where to dump the spent shells safely out without losing them later..!

Hopefully I can skirmish with it soon so I can tell some more about this gun, but I think some other revolver fan gets a better chance to make a proper and a better review than me :3

Edit: some other notes I forgot to mention: I have not disassembled it yet and plan not to for some time. The gun has some sort of screw at the bottom of the grip = could it be for adjusting the hammer spring's tightness and thus power as I recall reading about? And feel free to ask something that I could probably answer in this current situation..!

Edited by the_scribbler

Don't think I've posted her here before....

My KWC 4" python

P5280074.jpg

I love this pistol and it's now given me the bug for revolvers. :D

Sadly the cylinder indexing arm snapped so it's now paper weight :( But if any one wants the leather Python holster (fits a 6") or the shells just pm me.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a question for anyone with a Raging Bull. I'm going to get one, and from what I gathered it can only run on 134a, but I'm wondering if it would run on green gas/ propane?

Thanks!

I SUPPOSE you could try if you wanted to. Some of them you can, some of them you can't. And by can't what i'm saying is it'll explode. And by explode what i'm saying is the little internal widgets will come flying out the barrel.

Also, on an unrelated topic, I kind of wonder if the CAW outer barrels would fit the new tanaka SAA.

I SUPPOSE you could try if you wanted to. Some of them you can, some of them you can't. And by can't what i'm saying is it'll explode. And by explode what i'm saying is the little internal widgets will come flying out the barrel.

Also, on an unrelated topic, I kind of wonder if the CAW outer barrels would fit the new tanaka SAA.

DSCF0003.jpg

CAW barrel is a drop fit for the new SAA's

2.jpg

My new shell-fed SAA. I love this gun more then any gas blow back i've ever owned. It feels....oddly right in my hand, like I should have owned a gun like this eons ago. Is that weird?

The only things I think I wanna do to this gun is the metal cylinder and a pair of wonderfull custom grips. This will be THE Judgeman gun.

here is a quick shot of my wheel guns all of which are Tanaka Works

AH. I see you have a Hunter. I am seriously looking into buying a revolver and I narrowed it down to the Hunter. I just want to know a couple things about it. Is it essentially the 8" M500 just with a shorter barrel? I guess what I really want to know is if its a performer. I'm looking for a real 'nail gun' if you get me ;)

Could you give a quick run through it? Also is that a rail on the bottom I see or do my eyes decieve me?

Well Hunk with the power adjuster thingy all the way open, it will hit about 450fps with green and .20s. Does that count as a nail gun?

Also the other night my girlfriend, her mom, and I put between 80-100 rounds through the gun with out needing to refill the gas.

when I throw in the tight bore its going to make a awesome back up to my VSR

Well Hunk with the power adjuster thingy all the way open, it will hit about 450fps with green and .20s. Does that count as a nail gun?

Also the other night my girlfriend, her mom, and I put between 80-100 rounds through the gun with out needing to refill the gas.

when I throw in the tight bore its going to make a awesome back up to my VSR

Omg. And how would you compare it to its 8' brother? And is that in fact a rail slide under it? I'd love to put an M6 on it. Its not a very popular pistol is it? I haven't seen any reviews or any talk of it. Maybe its an aquired taste. ;)

i'm pretty sure they dont have rails on the bottom, but they do on the top, and that weird angular barrel and the odd looking comp.

it's a shame really, a 6" M500 would really appeal to me but the only model available is the hunter which has all the junk stated above on it :( still, whatever floats your boat.

No there is not a rail under it but it shouldnt be all that hard to fabricate something that would work.

as far as comparing it to the 8 inch bigger brother. This one is shorter :) thats the only difference i see.

I have had bother the 8 and the 6 1/2 and I am not sure which one I prefer. I think the 10 inch would be a hoot but totally impractical.

how did you not notice the chuffing great rail on top, the compensator and the hexagonal barrel? thats quite a difference IMO

Did you just say chuffing? Someone tell me he did not just say chuffing. CHUFFING.

And Sid, since its NBB how do you think it'd cope with the likes of red gas and heavier pellets?

Just to take note, the 8" model I have almost reached 500fps (490+) on .20 bb at 27°C, and I still had about one more complete turn of the leaf spring screw left. I didn't bother checking what full tension would yield because of the stares people at the chrono station were giving me. Though I'd reckon it would have punched 500.

I meant performance wise DUURRRRRRRR :rocket::headbutt:

"This one is shorter thats the only difference i see."

since when has length been a measure of performance? last time i checked thats an aesthetic difference, if you'd have said that the shorter barrel results in a slightly lower FPS or poorer accuracy that'd be different. it looks quite shiny to me as well, is that a measure of performance too? ;)

Did you just say chuffing? Someone tell me he did not just say chuffing. CHUFFING.

what? gotta keep some variety in my adjectives :D

I was just wondering how the super blackhawk actually performs? Obviously with individual shells it's not great on ammo capacity or reload time but in terms of power and accuracy how good is it? I really like it in terms of appearance, particularly in black with a 7.5" barrel, I know the tanaka super redhawk would be a lot more practical but it just isn't as pretty!