Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCF3652.jpg

GemRevolver1.jpg

This is my fifth, and currently only Tanaka revolver being held my sweetheart :P. The grip on it is pretty awful (terribly hollow and plasticy), though I guess it's got the Umbrella symbol if that's your bag. Should really get some RS grips for it. Wanna get some more tanakas again, feeling the urge, I sold most of the others at silly prices ages ago. I'm feeling another SAA I think...

Decimus.

So lately I've had the burning desire to finally get a revolver, and the Hartford is my first choice after reading around. Could anyone point me in the direction of where I could get one though? Because all I can find are the ugly (In my eyes) little 3-4in ones, and the ginormous limited edition model (I actually would not mind at all having a gun that long, I just don't have $300) Is there a way I can still get one, or should I just settle for a Tanaka SAA/ M29/ M500?

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first revolver. The realism of this system seemed so cool that when one of these came up for sale I had to pick it up. Due to college I haven't actually gotten to work this up but Junior was kind enough to act as my middle man and took the pictures as well as chronoing it for me.

P1000754.jpg

P1000769.jpg

P1000761.jpg

P1000757.jpg

The power on 134a (181 FPS (average) w/ KSC .2g's @ 67F) wasn't very good but propane brought it up to a healthy 264 FPS (average) under the same conditions. This certainly isn't Pegasus power but it can be excused since the gun doesn't have much gas capacity. I am currently investigating the possibility of having DBC cut me a custom 6.01TB for this gun so that I can try to squeeze a bit more power out of it.

The gun is as close to full metal as I can get it and frankly it is not bad since the only plastic part is the frame of the body. I have Ajax's Black Pearlite grips in the mail for this as well and I think that will complete the look. If anyone has any other suggestions about where I can go with this I would be interested to hear them.

As it stands now:

Tanaka SAA (Casyopea)

Tanaka Metal Cylinder

CAW Metal Outer Barrel

CAW Inner Barrel

RS Black Pearlite (Not installed yet)

Does anyone know what the inner diameter of the CAW barrel is?

Edited by Romulus

Does anybody have any idea where to get Zeke black metal kit for Tanaka M29 series? I've only seen them at Uncompany but they told black ones are sold out (fortunately I was still able to grab to silver kits). Because Dirty Harry's M29 can't be silver, I'd really like to get one of those 6,5" black kits. There are so many revolver owners here that someone must have one for sale...