Revolver Picture Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately haven't had time to adjust and fine tune it due to the weather being so incredibly cold, but given time I should get it shooting nicely!

Need better photo skills.

Also need to find a cigar box big enough to convert into a case for it!

Wings :detective2:

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my hands on my new Tanaka M29 and had to take some pictures. I bought this gun used and but it really got rallied when it was imported. However, I got a very good price on it and these are not at all easy to find any more. What it really needs is some tender loving care and that's exactly what I plan to give it.

First, I need to get rid of the orange and clean everything else. Next, it needs RS Factory grips and a new inner barrel. After that I am working on hunting down a metal kit but it is much easier said than done.

The good news is that the heavy weight finish looks very nice and the gun functions perfectly. I haven't owned many revolvers but I am very happy with this piece.

Right now this gun is totally stock.

picture117lp6.jpg

picture126pc9.jpg

picture120mk7.jpg

picture124ut4.jpg

I feel lucky. :D

ISn't it just, if you find any silver or black, let me know.

There is a midnight one that recently came up for sale in the US forums on this site. However, at like $275 it is awfully pricey. It took me about two months of classifieds on multiple sites to get one reply. Thanks again to PianoBlack for hooking me up.

If you want a Tanaka M10 does that mean the one in the picture is a cheapo Bell one? Doesn't look to bad, got any better pictures of it?

Yes it is a bell. And yes it does look good, the shells are fun even :) just don't shake it.....

But it's the airsoft equivalent of a saturday-night special. The barrel is pinned at the top of its radius to it actually moves and it has a habbit of throwing a 12" group due to at least one shot going no where near the point of aim :D. But still worth the money :).

• 3 weeks later...

My full metal Tanaka SAA's.

Both of them are full metal, with Zeke metal frames and Japanese made stainless and blued steel barrels for the nickel civilian and the black artillery, respectively.

The civilian has a set of Ajax fake ivory grips, while the artillery has a set of Ajax walnut grips with the corner cuts being done by me.

Tanaka_SAA_Artillery_Black_Full_Met.jpg

Tanaka_SAA_Civilian_Silver_Full_Met.jpg

Tanaka_SAAs_Full_Metal_1.jpg

The inspirations :D

Tanaka_SAAs_Full_Metal_2b.jpg

###### those are hot!

Are the Japanese made stainless and blued steel barrels custom made for you or somewhat off the shelf parts? I'm still looking for a way to make a full metal stainless snub nose revolver, without paying $2000 for a custom milled one..

I got a proxy bidder to get them for me from Yahoo Japan Auctions. If you go to Classicairsoft.net you should be able to find someone who's able to do it for you, the person that did it for me didn't accept Paypal, so I sent him a money order, and it took a while for the stuff to get to me. Maybe 3-4 weeks. That method only works for non-auction items though, which the barrels were. I don't believe they're rare custom made parts, they were a little less than 100 USD each, but that was when the dollar was stronger against the yen.

A lot of custom Tanaka revolver metal frames are quite expensive though, but you might be able to find auctions for the Zeke frames. In that case you will have to find a proxy bidder who will take Paypal, which most will. Most will charge quite a bit for commission though, typically around 25%-35% with minimum charges, and shipping within Japan and then to the US also isn't exactly cheap. Sales within Japan also have sales tax... so that also adds to the cost.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got some of my own pictures of my "finished" Tanaka SAA.

I have pretty much run out of things to do with this gun. I sure love it though. It doesn't shoot well but having real shells and an old single action revolver mech is just awesome. I could mess with this thing for hours on end. It has inspired me to try and track down more Tanaka SAA's and watch westerns (something that I never did before). It is a real shame that this series of guns have been recalled. I'm just glad that I have one that I can keep in my collection for the long term.

picture157bj1.jpg

picture159js9.jpg

picture154nq8.jpg

picture153et5.jpg

p1060096je4.jpg

Bits:

Tanaka SAA (Casyopea)

Tanaka Metal Cylinder

CAW Metal Outer Barrel

CAW Inner Barrel

RS Black Pearlite

• 1 month later...