Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't fit, the gas cylinder is in the grip. The real steel has a pretty unique grip fitment, instead of a frame withe the spring in the middle it has a long stud down the centre and the grip slides over this and bolts upwards.

They won't fit, the gas cylinder is in the grip. The real steel has a pretty unique grip fitment, instead of a frame withe the spring in the middle it has a long stud down the centre and the grip slides over this and bolts upwards.

Yeah, I figured it'd take alot of modification.

I was planning on boring out some oversized wood grips to fit the gas reservoir and drill holes on the sides to fit the stock Marushin grip's brass washers and screws.

But I guess I'll just hold this small project off for now, though and save up for the rail instead.

:thumbs-up:

Is there anyway to get a casyeopia (sp?) still or are they now dust in the wind?

I really wish I hadve bought one when they came out, didnt quite anticipate them to get banned so swiftly :|

They can still be found used some places. I have an extra set of shells for a Cassi M500 that I'm looking to sell on right now.

T0p Sp!N - That Marushin 9.5in Super Redhawk is brilliant. If you ever decide to pass it one drop me a PM. I'd love to have a chance to pick something like that up.

I find it pretty sad the Casyopea's got banned, the argumentation for it was just silly.. name just one thing in this world that woulden't become dangerous if you fill it up with gunpowder :rolleyes:

I wish i had gotten a full metal SAA whilst i could, but still, since they got banned, it woulden't have been a big plus, as spare parts and new shells are going to be impossible to come by soon enough.

Speaking of Cassi goodness...

Here's a few starter pictures of my new Tanaka Cassiopeia M500. I need to work on the orange but for the moment I thought it would be worth putting up a few before pictures. I haven't had time to test the power/accuracy of this gun yet but it has a lot more potential than the Cassi SAA does (I own both now). I also got 15 shells with this gun which is kind of fun. The whole thing is just ridiculously huge. Until you have held one in person you really cannot grasp the size (from just looking at pictures).

m5004e.jpg

m5002.jpg

m5003.jpg

m5001.jpg

So dissapointing the Dan Wesson name appears on that piece of *suitcase*.

Cheers RM, thats just i.d.ed the grips i've got on my S&W M66

very charming of you...

i presume you haven't actually seen one of these then, its a nice solid, heavy revolver and performs very well. theres no hopup on it though.

Yeah I guess, nothing personal but it looks nothing like a Dan Wesson, and I always loved em. Used to shoot one of their .357 in the 80's, fancied one of their Supermags but bought a 3" Smith .44 instead.

Edited by BigAl
Speaking of Cassi goodness...

Here's a few starter pictures of my new Tanaka Cassiopeia M500. I need to work on the orange but for the moment I thought it would be worth putting up a few before pictures. I haven't had time to test the power/accuracy of this gun yet but it has a lot more potential than the Cassi SAA does (I own both now). I also got 15 shells with this gun which is kind of fun. The whole thing is just ridiculously huge. Until you have held one in person you really cannot grasp the size (from just looking at pictures).

*Sigh*

I had the chance to get one of those too as I was in the market for an M500 when they came out. Went with the standard (alright not so standard, midnight blue!) version because at that point everyone was unsure how HMG would react.

Turns out they were fine here in the UK but got banned before I could pick one up!

Still, very happy with my normal version! Its fairly hard to skirmish with a revolver anyway so one with shells would have been a nightmare!

Wings :detective2:

Edited by angel_wings
They can still be found used some places. I have an extra set of shells for a Cassi M500 that I'm looking to sell on right now.

T0p Sp!N - That Marushin 9.5in Super Redhawk is brilliant. If you ever decide to pass it one drop me a PM. I'd love to have a chance to pick something like that up.

Sure, I'll keep you in mind.

And my new acquisition:

New and Old.

dsci00032.jpg

WE1911 and Tanaka SAA (old US/Export version I believe)

You wouldn't believe how much I got the Tanaka for...

Where can you get these?

they are called WG (win gun) revolvers. im guessing you can only get them with markings like that in korea, but in the US you can find them at ASGI, Evike and a couple other, less known, shops.

they perform oddly well with .25s even without hop up. mostly its because of being over powered (the 6inch model shoots over 450). but, i was thinking of modifying a 4 inch model with a WE M4 barrel as the hop up wraps around flush with the barrel. the WE M4 barrel is prim to stick into alot of hop up lacking, gas guns. the shells and speed loaders are available separately (find them by searching in google now that you know their name) and are relatively inexpensive (i think 14 bucks for a pack of 6 shells and 17 for a speed loader)

dont get the 8 inch model. its actually a 4.5mm pellet gun, no matter what the page says.

the 6 inch version has a different gas system than the 4 inch version. thats why the 6 inch version is so much more powerful.

Edited by Horsem4n
they are called WG (win gun) revolvers. im guessing you can only get them with markings like that in korea, but in the US you can find them at ASGI, Evike and a couple other, less known, shops.

they perform oddly well with .25s even without hop up. mostly its because of being over powered (the 6inch model shoots over 450). but, i was thinking of modifying a 4 inch model with a WE M4 barrel as the hop up wraps around flush with the barrel. the WE M4 barrel is prim to stick into alot of hop up lacking, gas guns. the shells and speed loaders are available separately (find them by searching in google now that you know their name) and are relatively inexpensive (i think 14 bucks for a pack of 6 shells and 17 for a speed loader)

dont get the 8 inch model. its actually a 4.5mm pellet gun, no matter what the page says.

the 6 inch version has a different gas system than the 4 inch version. thats why the 6 inch version is so much more powerful.

I have both the 4 inch and the 8inch and both are 6mm airsoft guns, not 4.5mm. they both use the same system too but being that the 8inch has a longer barrel, it will get more power than the shorter one. these are sub 1J ones but the same still apply s.

i wish i could be so lucky to get $26 an hour...

I have both the 4 inch and the 8inch and both are 6mm airsoft guns, not 4.5mm. they both use the same system too but being that the 8inch has a longer barrel, it will get more power than the shorter one. these are sub 1J ones but the same still apply s.

well, the ones in america are different i guess.

Edited by Horsem4n
You swine. thats a hours wage :P

I wish i could be so lucky

Heh heh heh...

I think the main reason no one else jumped on that deal was because the seller (on another board TSNBN) had 2 posts!

So, I took a chance. It was through Paypal, too though.

Now, to save up for some metal body parts.