Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only guess that the M66 will perform more or less the same as the M65, since the two share the same type of cylinder. And you know how the M65 perform, don't you? ;)

There's a review of the M66 in the reader's review section.

Hehe, yea, not particularly impressed by the performance of the M65 in your review. :P I was hoping the M66 would be more like the M29 since they are all .44 magnums. :P There's a reader review? *goes to read*

Thanks.

No, the M66 is a .357, just like its blued sibling the M19. And it seems that the bigger the cylinder the more power it yields (for Tanaka at least). So if you want the most power then get the M29, M500, Super Redhawk series.

Edited by Redhawk
Anybody had any experience with the Tanaka M66?  Is it as good as the M29?

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...?TOPIC_ID=72375

Above is my review of the 2.5 inch snub nosed M66.

A HUGE improvement in technology over the older models of revolvers Tanaka has put out, with decent accuracy at 20 feet (provided hopup is tuned down).

I'm looking to attain a 4 inch M66 soon to see if the accuracy and power improved by a large amount with the increase in barrel length.

As for right now though, for maximum power and accuracy/consistency, I would recommend the M500. I have a review of it on ASR as well- it's the most accurate revolver I've ever fired, and Tanaka fixed many of the "barrel alignment," hopup, and design issues in this model.

Anyway, here are a few pics of my custom M500:

Tanaka Smith and Wesson M500 X frame 8.25 Barrel

•Smith and Wesson Rosewood K-frame grips

•SDM Fabricating red fibre optic front sight

•Smith and Wesson .126 pure black rear sight blade kit

•Adjusted leaf spring and hopup for .25 Excel BBs

000_0479.jpg

000_0480.jpg

custom M29 CQB model on the way...will put up pics when the parts and gun come in this week :D

The ones at Jungle Toy have had their trademarks removed except for the Tanaka ones. There's a review on Airsoft Retreat of the 'Jungle Toy Special' as the reviewer liked to call it. It appears that the Airsoft Atlanta versions are the same.

It's the same deal as with KWA and KSC products I think.