Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this 2nd hand tanaka the other day .Its a bit beat up with its broke rear site, I can let that go though as its awesome .Great to skirmish ,I want more :D

You'd find that real S&W sights will fit. You'd need to slightly enlarge the hole for the spring and ball bearing though as you'd need to use the original ones.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_759652_-1_757839_757837_image

You'd find that real S&W sights will fit. You'd need to slightly enlarge the hole for the spring and ball bearing though as you'd need to use the original ones.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_759652_-1_757839_757837_image

Cool ,cheers :)

• 3 weeks later...

Custom paint job and hand polishing on my Tanaka M29 Performance Centre.

Went for a slightly textured satin finish to offset the metal work.

4890907663_f70d55f061.jpg

Tanaka M29 Performance Center by road_dancer, on Flickr

4891480584_f1596aefcf.jpg

4890901083_81e2259bab.jpg

4890902535_03fdcb8245.jpg

Thanks! I wouldn't have had the guts to do it if the original finish hadn't been so scratched up *laughs*

I love my revolvers, I'll be getting some shots of my Tanaka Umbrella Magnum tomorrow :)

*edit* Ooooooo! That's lovely Londo!

Edited by Road_Dancer
  • 3 weeks later...

That's beautiful. One of these days I'll get around to making my M29 metal.

As far as the hop-up goes, I believe that my M29, which is the middle version (the super old school have no flow resticter and a large gas opening. Mine has a large gas opening but was then retrofitted with a brass flow restricter so it only shoots 330-350) did have a simple hop-up mech that was adjustable via an allen key. I'm not sure if the newer models are the same way though since they may have made changes when they de-rated the gas system even further.

Hows the power of the newest versions? When you fitted the kit did you look to see if you could bore out a larger gas opening to get the power back up to where it should be?

Tanaka Colt Detective Special with Creation kit & wood grips

That is a thing of pure beauty.

All it needs now for company is a pint of whiskey and an ashtray full of butts :) or have I been watching too much film noir again.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...