Revolver Picture Thread

Lovely shots Clockwork_O, forgot how wonderful revolvers look in full metal kits. Hope the transition to metal went smoothly, certainly look great.

I was always afraid of splashing out on a metal kit for my S&W M629, then making a mess of building the gun, those kits ain't cheap.

I have always scraped through building my guns, Just when it looked like I was going to be left with a pile of parts, things would work out, but sadly my luck ran out on my Shooters Design PPK, where frustration won, damn that trigger- mechanism pin ;-)

Anyhow I'd be proud to have them in my collection.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me and attest to the durability of Tanaka's steel finish? Is it paint or a form of vacuum aluminization (plastic chrome)? And how resistant is it to scratches? I'm eyeing one in steel finish, but really do intent to use it heavy for skirmish. If it has the same qualities as the midnight blue/gold finish then I'll just look at the heavyweight models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Old ones should just be a simple tightening of the hammer spring screw. But if you have a newer restricted model, you also need a drill and a new valve o-ring. Basically you need to enlarge the valve hole to 4mm and replace the valve o-ring with a bigger one (size 003). Unless you're lucky and you only have one with the restrictor inserts which could just be removed. On such a short barrel though, expect maybe 300fps at most.

the un restricted outlet is slightly conicle and can be bored out straight up to 5mm-ish . Also you can easily increase the pressure on the hammer spring if you open it up. you can also lighten the springs in the valve system. I've got an extra 50-60 fps out of mine, although mines a 4" barrel . With a 2" you may find upping the gas flow a little redundant with the gas to barrel ratio.

As the others say, you can easily bore out the outlet a bit, especially if its restricted like how the outlet was on my Bisley. I took a dremel and widened the hole till it was "normal" sized. The outlet is conical but the added restricting material is flat; you could just dremel it off until you hit where the cone stops. Added about 70-80ish fps for the 7.5 inch Bisley.