Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i believe there is still some places you can buy wood grips for it if you dont feel like making them.

but then again you are you...

what exactly have you done with it? i have recently picked up an old Maruzen 6" Raging Bull that i have been messing about with. seems like i can still get kills with it just fine in normal simearm ranges.

Edited by Horsem4n

Never really liked the wood ones by Marushin. Will be making a laminate version with stippling instead of checkering.

As for what I've had to do to the revolver as a whole:

-adjusted cylinder timing

-made custom shells with better seal

-installed secondary lock in front of crane (ball detent style like S&W)

-8.02mm inner barrel

-changed barrel nut from screw-on to grub screw

-replaced hop patch with TM AEG hop

-rebuilt double action sear

Because of the mods I've extended its effective from an original 10m to 25m. Not all that much when compared to my Blackhawk which has taken people out as far as 60m with only a tightbore barrel installed.

That '66 is crying out for some real wood.

After seeing that M29 i am crying out for some real wood. :P

Now that is a sight to behold, if only airsoft revolvers had a bit of punch to them and not just a rotate and click to back it up :(

'FireKnife'

You've not had a tanaka then, oh wait I can read that :fear2:

Shot one and while it can fling a bb a fair distance it still feels like it isn't actually doing anything in the hand.

Plus the Smython just looks wrong, like that Glock 1911 that some on came up with.

'FireKnife'

Shot one and while it can fling a bb a fair distance it still feels like it isn't actually doing anything in the hand.

Plus the Smython just looks wrong, like that Glock 1911 that some on came up with.

'FireKnife'

Quote.

Have you ever had a look at the Marushin Anaconda specs on redwolf?They say "Blowback: YES"..and I say LOL

If you want something more realistic,a Kokusai revolver should do the trick.

Edited by mastermarksman65

The newer version of the M629 comes with wood-effect grips.

I can't remember if they are weight-grips or not,

as there is nearly a 300g difference in weight between the two revolvers in the picture.

Most of the Tanaka revolvers have weight grips now, bringing the 4" Python up to nearly a kg.

I'll try and get a shot of a few more up later space permitting ;)

Here are the rest of my Tanaka's,

All Jupiter Finish except the M36 which is Shooters Design.

Smith & Wesson M629 4" .44 Magnum (1080g), M66 2.5" .357 Magnum (576g) and M36 2" .38spl (Chief Special)(300g)

IMG_8322a.jpg

IMG_8316a.jpg

Colt Python 4" .357 Magnum (902g) with M36.

IMG_8327a.jpg

That ain't no 66, it's an N Frame so probably a 629 and yeah please get rid of those ridiculous black grips.

That particular M629 was the first Tanaka revolver I bought a long time ago ;)

and is basically being kept as a donor for a future Tanaka project.

As you can see from the shots below it, a Jupiter-Finish M629 4" has replaced it.

So no I won't be changing the ridiculous black grips :)

Edited by Squad 701

The Phyton 357 is very nice in that flavour,is it steel finish?..nothing that deals with the Prime one,disgusting.

Hi M,

The Colt Python is the (steel-finish) Jupiter Finish.

As far as I can remember the Prime is matt-black, which I don't particularly like,

and if it was available in Prime Blue, it would be just to expensive to even consider.

I like the weight of these newer Jupiter Finish revolvers, they are up there with the real-steel.

Having said that, the Shooters Design M36 is nearly 100g lighter than the Tanaka heavyweight.

Hi M,

The Colt Python is the (steel-finish) Jupiter Finish.

As far as I can remember the Prime is matt-black, which I don't particularly like,

and if it was available in Prime Blue, it would be just to expensive to even consider.

I like the weight of these newer Jupiter Finish revolvers, they are up there with the real-steel.

Having said that, the Shooters Design M36 is nearly 100g lighter than the Tanaka heavyweight.

Agree'd,I don't like Prime revolver kits..the Silver kit for the Python is an insult.

Creation kits ftw.

• 5 weeks later...

I hope to join the thread properly in a months time, with a picture, when the shiny thing arrives.

It will be living in a price western rig.

Getting some bits and pieces in. I am getting a Dan Wesson, and have been offered a handfull of used Jet loaders designed for a Ruger GP100 and S&W 686/586 they are Seidler jet loaders type/size "L" will these function with a Dan Wesson ?

This will be a blind sale by post so i can't test them first.

What do others use ?