Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions for the Dan Wesson owners.

I have just bought one of the 6" ones (in shiny shiny chrome, naturally ;) ) What are my best bets holster wise?

I'm ideally after something in brown leather and either chest or belt mounted to go with my safari-esque park ranger loadout.

Do you think the US M7 holster would take it? I like that style.

Also, what was the final word on RS speedloaders? Do the shells fit? I bought some power down shells and they don't come with them, frustratingly only the skirmish-unfriendly shells come with them. <_<

Edited by scorch

I have just bought one of the 6" ones (in shiny shiny chrome, naturally ;) ) What are my best bets holster wise?

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Strike-Systems-Dan-Wesson-6----8--Revolver-Holster-AS17350.html#.UWiLNmS9Lfo

Not brown but it is cheap. If not try eBay or military surplus for a second hand holster? Considering one of the Dan Wesson 2.5"s myself, don't like using my Tanaka on the field really but I'd love a practical wheel gun, how do you rate them?

I do have a brown leather holster that would probably be perfect for you but it has sentimental value as it was my Godfathers who passed away some years ago. It does seems like quality holsters or at least less tacticool ones are hard to come by these days.

Decimus.

Edited by DecimusKrieg

I suppose this really belongs in the News subforum, but I'm interested in hearing revolver shooters' opinions. Behold, the Iron Airsoft Chiappa Rhino 200DS (black, 2" barrel). Limited edition of 100 examples, all aluminium, and features a working 'cocked' indicator pin, too, but they want a scarcely believable $700. What do we think?

1110A.jpg

1110A_00.jpg

1110A_01.jpg

1110A_02.jpg

no. 

1) 700 + 200-300 = a real Chiappa Rhino. hell, at a gun show you could probably get a real one for 700.

2) this would be the least popular model for airsofters. we need barrel length.

i was really looking forward to a 5 inch model too. i guess they had only collectors in mind.

Edited by Horsem4n

That does end up being the typical US stance but really with a gun like an airsoft revolver you can't simulate the same feel and experience of firing a real one so people will usually draw that comparison.

Plus capacity and other things often limit peoples interest. Personally I just think it is a frigging ugly gun.

'FireKnife'

I suppose this really belongs in the News subforum, but I'm interested in hearing revolver shooters' opinions. Behold, the Iron Airsoft Chiappa Rhino 200DS (black, 2" barrel). Limited edition of 100 examples, all aluminium, and features a working 'cocked' indicator pin, too, but they want a scarcely believable $700. What do we think?

Gas in grip makes me sad inside.....This'll be Marushin shooting at Inokatsu prices.

Really, really needed a Tanaka PEGASUS system's 'guts' in that cylinder.

Apart from that- Let's hope it's heavy enough to cosh-into-unconsciouness any weeaboo in the safezone who goes "OMFG- dats a Mateba jus' like Ghost In Dur Shell" ;)

I'm almost sure that they might. That price tag is actually pretty cheap for something that's CNC'd aluminum. I'm guessing CNC because you don't do extrusion or casting if you're just making 100 copies. Plus that thing's designed from scratch unlike the stuff Inokatsu has been making which significantly cuts down on R&D costs. Who knows, maybe the regular run will be die cast or even heavyweight plastic at $200-300 and will still please a lot of people.

I'm ideally after something in brown leather and either chest or belt mounted to go with my safari-esque park ranger loadout.

Do you think the US M7 holster would take it? I like that style.

Also, what was the final word on RS speedloaders? Do the shells fit? I bought some power down shells and they don't come with them, frustratingly only the skirmish-unfriendly shells come with them. <_<

Holster wise,  just a cheap Viper  molle hip holster works fine,  your 6" will poke out the bottom a bit,  i also have an old price western quick draw shoulder holster and a double speed loader pouch.  As i got them about 20 years apart :)  the shades of brown don't match.....but who cares,  still looks good.

I bought a job lot of jets and some pouches.  Got another Wesson owner who had inert .357/.38specials test fit them in the Wesson Jets,  they fit.

The Seidler jets are slightly to large in diameter to fit into the cylinder,  they foul on the frame.  Shells fit fine.

Safari land Jets,  fit and function fine.

When i bought them their was also bits for Ruger GP100 on sale,  so from only a small amount of revolver bits for sale i assume my Jets are for a .357 GP100.

Had a go at modding a fixed hop into my 4" Wesson,  stayed stable for about 100shots,  shots started to curve off to the right.  This is handy as it means there is an active hop in effect :)

Just have to reset the inner barrel and re-bond the barrel anti-rotation shim back in place.

So far limited to 10m range,  will have to wait for a game day to see if hop has any real effect.

tis on internetz :)

O-ring fixed hop conversion for Wessys  (short version)

AEG barrel,  chop bit off to length required.

Machine down/grind down/file down the muzzle end of barrel as a spring has to slip over it,  this becomes clearer when you remove the stock alloy barrel.

Test fit for spring fittment and outer diameter of your chosen brass barrel will fit inside the forcing cone (barrel to cylinder interface)

Then a few mil in from the breech end,  cut a 1mm X 1mm groove around the diameter of the barrel (or thereabouts)  cut through the barrel to make a window for the o-ring to sit through.   Size of the window dictates amount of hop.

Slip o-ring into groove,  now file down protruding material that's not sitting in the groove,  this will help with getting the forcing cone back on the barrel.

You need to make a square washer to glue onto the barrel,  this stops the barrel rotating (it's sprung) and will keep the hop in the 12 o'clock position.

Rebuild and hopefully get more than 25 meters range at 340fps (detuned mine with a new hammer spring)

:)   i know something is working because my barrel rotated the hop to 11 o'clock causing a curve off at 10m........soooo if i can get to 35 meters i will be well happy with my chrome 6 shooter,  any further i might wet myself with excitement and bolt a red dot on.

Another would be to R-hop it as described in the link below:

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f8/wingun-revolver-mod-72080/index3.html

Tempted to do it on my Marushin SAAs except I get lazy knowing I'll have to do it on both of them. They're just backups anyway so 10m range is fine. See how easily I can convince myself not to work?

I'm actually working on yours and mine at the same time. I can't stop making things out of leather! *eyes leather briefs*

I don't really want the briefs but the holster would be nice, of course pictures will be provided when it arrives and payment will be sorted soon.

Should hush now before everyone wants one :P.

'FireKnife'