Revolver Picture Thread

That is actually a really good idea, but it's dependent on the airsoft shells being designed to the same specs as the real ones. I don't have any .357/.38 brass on hand so don't know myself.

Nothing's out of the question. My main issue so far, actually, is that the spread is too tight for the room-clearing I'd like to use it for. It's beautiful at 50-75ft, where the spread is a little under two feet in diameter for a sure hit, but at 25 feet or less the extra BBs are redundant. I plan to test how a shorter barrel affects it.

Assuming there's no hop, what about mixing BB weights? .12, .2, .12, .25, .2, .12? Not sure if it'd necessarily give much more of a spread but it might be worth a try?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think youll find this is the simpler solution
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158623&

Oh look at this, a stupidly hot CO2 revolver that can't be used at any field.

100_0377_zps1b77957e.jpg

Wait, those aren't the normal shells.

100_0372_zps472bae95.jpg

100_0376_zpsba1424d0.jpg

Forget tri-shots, these are hex-shots, using a burst of CO2 to blast six BBs out the muzzle every time you pull the trigger. Forget six-gun, when you can have a thirty-six-gun. When you absolutely need a room devoid of life, accept no substitutes.

...Next up is replicating them in plastic, preferably with rims, so I can make thirty or so and keep them on speedloaders.

I think youll find this is the simpler solution

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158623&

Thanks for the link. Simpler, perhaps, but I'm not sure about easier. If I can get plastic tubing of the right size, that'll be a piece of cake to produce large quantities of shells. Also less likely to get them mixed up with regular shells.

what about mixing BB weights?

Works pretty well actually even if just between .20g and .25g I get almost double the spread on my 6" Serbu. Uniform weight normally does a foot spread at 20m.

@CatgutViolin

You can look up .38/.357 case schematic dimensions online if you don't have any at hand, but I recall the Win Gun shells are very close if not directly compatible. With the snake shot rounds I made for my Mateba using real .40 S&W brass, I used sections of 6mm tube from aquarium hoses as the bb holder.

for the record, .357 brass is VERY tight in the winguns chambers, too tight to insert or eject easily

and my solution to "getting them mixed up" is just ot have ALL of my shells bored out ;p (I've done nearly 80!) not like i would ever NOT want multishot, and even then i can just load one bb into a shotshell

if you can make some plastic ones thatd probably be best, those metal ones id be worried about tearing up the breech seal

Edited by TnL

Did you try virgin brass or once-fired? The latter, and depending on brass quality can expand enough to actually impede loading and extraction, why revolvers have ejectors in the first place. Also, if you tried live ammo, the crimp on the case can cause some hangups too. May have been virgin brass where I read it to be a good fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's an Anaconda as far as the gun goes, but the barrel is made beefier especially with the rails on and you'll likely not find one that fits all of those things attached. Outside of a custom made holster, it's generic nylon holster for large frame revolvers at best for you, or look for scoped handgun bandoleer.