Revolver Picture Thread

Based upon build quality, appearance/details, yes, I would recommend it. The heavy weight material they use is much, much better than the standard ABS plastic. It feels hefty, has a cold touch and matte black finish that doesn't look much like plastic. I think there's a 6.5" model in heavy weight too, but I bought the 4" because it has that "combat magnum" look to it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not yet. But I had a few M29s in the past and they're not the most accurate guns I've fired. Not as worst as the K-frames, but certainly can't compare to a WA 1911 either. Powerwise the only M29 I've chronoed is the 6.5" Midnight Blue model and it delivered a decent 315-320 FPS with 134/0.2g. So I take it the 4" model would only be a few numbers behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I just received my Marushin Constrictor (pics coming soon!!), sweet gun but I've got a couple of complaints.

1. The gun is nice and weighty (VERY weighty up front) and the materials are mostly metal and heavy weight plastic. But the grip is made of somewhat weaker pastic in both texture and substance. So I have heard that the Marushin revolvers, due to their gas tanks in the grip, can't take real steel wood grips. I've been looking around and found that HFC gas revolvers like this

(http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=402&catid=2)

and this gun (not HFC but a springer.)

(http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=122&catid=4)

has nice molded grips that have similar attachment methods I am wondering if anyone has one of these guns could get a couple of pictures of what the grip looks like from different angles.

2. I posted this question on the general discussion but didn't get much response so i'd thought I'd go straight to the experts: I'm wondering what other shells, if any will fit in the cylinder of the Marushin 8mm revolver? I am trying to figure out ways to fire 6mm bbs in my constrictior. If anyone has any ideas, give me a shout out.

Pictures will come soon, I promise.

andy.

Yup, the grips are sh*t. I did tell everyone this of course ages ago ;) but hey, it is just about the only problem with this fine gun.

I would be surprised if any shell that can take 6mm ammo would be wide enough to locate in the chamber of a Marushin revolver, so you could, in theory:

1) take smaller shells and pad the outer with layers of tape to bulk them out to the right diameter, or

2) replace the interior of the Marushin shells with a smaller O-ring and pad the insides of the shell (god knows how) to make it seat tightly at the bottom where the 8millys normally go.

However, both of these fail to address the main issue which is

3) you'll be shooting 6mm wide BBs down an 8mm-wide barrel, and the accuracy will be non-existent as they bounce down that huge cylinder and p**s out at all angles.

Sorry dude :(

Edit: typos.

Edited by evilhippy

There were, of course, 6mm revolvers before the 8mms.

Presumably the shells are about the same size (I'm guessing here, but I imagine they replicate .44 shells externally).

The real problem will be gas flow and alignment to the barrel - With some real care you MIGHT be able to fit a 6mm barrel inside a 8mm one, but the transition would be tricky...

Cheers

I guess thats allowed ;) Cool piece, never liked the look of them myself but I'd love to have one for some of the confined woodland down at GZ :D

Snowman: weren't those 6mm Marushin revolvers terrible? You'd know of course ;) From the Marushin brochure and the few older guns of their that I have had they really did used to suck in certain ways. Never seen an old 6mm revolver in the flesh, though...

• 2 weeks later...
Those can be flipped over?!#$  I thought WGC permanently erased them. *goes to try*

Power and accuracy?  Haha, details in review are coming when I have sometime. :P

Yep, WGC flipped mine over when I bought my 6.5" M29 Midnight Blue from them. They're glued on so you might have to punch them through with a screw driver or something. But be prepared for what you might find. Mine medallions were all f'ed up, so I was disappointed. So I just bought a pair of real wood grips (I still have them on my 4" M29).

Oh, wait. Your medallions are slightly off. Try rotating them so that the bottom of the "S" is pointing at the base of the grip.

:huh: what's the proper angle? Do you have a picture? S&W don't make this kind of grip anymore, and I have no reference (all the places showing the medallions on the box AND manual were cut out). :P