Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to your review Shao. Do you have a picture showing size comparison to say... your KJW M1911?

Ah, I don't have it yet, but I will certainly take some comparison pictures, and write up the full review in the next few days.

For now, the initial impression:

the finish is excellent.

the power seems to be low on the springer level (with 134a).

range is 15 feet (20 max again with 134a, and after 20 feet, the .2g BB will curve left and right).

Weight is documented at a miserable 350g, lower than a $20 heavy weight springer, but I guarantee you that the feel and built is miles and miles ahead of any springer there is.

cylinder holds 10 (the real steel is a five shooter, not six, and that's how small this thing is. :P), 5 in the five holes in the front of the cylinder, and one can push 5 more into a hidden compartment in the cylinder (unlike the SAA), and there's a spring loaded follower in the hidden compartment that loads the BBs automatically, but unfortunately, that spring has seemed to be dislocated in mine after 5 minutes messing with it, and I have not dissembled the cylinder to try to set it right yet (not even sure if I want to bother with that).

The gun is rock solid, and no, and I repeat no, rattle anywhere at all (no clicking noise in the cylinder as in my SAA, but it hasn't been abused much).

DA trigger pull is heavier than any of my semi-autos, but SA pull is extremely short (see pic below), but will not mis-fire easily.

875SWM60_4-large.jpg

Upon trying the M500:

1. The gas output is very stable. I chronoed it both on 134a and green. The fps +/- from 15 rounds of shots are no more then 2m/s. I think it might have something to do with the cylinder's release valve outer ring thing. Kinda like a WA impact lock but round.

2. Also checked flight path at 40 meters. On .20g it's completely straight with no wind -> 2 km/h light winds. That's the stock when I didn't touch anything. On .25 it's tighter yet. I haven't had time to tune the hopup yet but I plan to shoot this gun with SIIS .30g's. And I am expecting just a slight slight deviation from my VSR.

3. There's no upgrade parts for this besides the front sight and KM's 6.04, so it won't end up being 4k again :P.. (I am so haunted..)

For $1100 hkd, I would say it worths more than what I paid for (comparing to other guns of course, and considering the amount of mech. involved).

I wasn't paying attention - is that a Tanaka M65/M13 FBI special, or do my eyes deceive me?

Your eyes deceived you. :P It is the M60 Chief's Special, but if you were refering to Redhawk's picture, then yes, that's an M65. Review has finally been uploaded, and here are some comparison shots as promised.

gallery_875_9_96149.jpg

gallery_875_9_39086.jpg

I like your thinking, Vicks mah boy, but its a question of priorities.....

It'll probably be one of the Marushin along with one of the orders for the last few long guns from my list, I intend to stick to that blasted list and curb my wayward airsoft spending (no don't laugh, please) and maybe even behave a little sensibly with money.

ish.