Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to get a Tanaka revolver because of their sexyness. I'm in a pickle here, somebody help: Is there a huge difference performancewise between the S&W M36 Chief Special and the M500 3+1 inch?

Yes, a big difference. I used to own the chief special and the power and accuracy was very poor. With 134/0.2g, the power was no more than 150 fps, and the groupings spread pretty wide. With the much larger cylinder in the M500, you can expect much higher power. And from what I've read the accuracy is better too.

Yeah, even green with .2s gives about 240 fps last time I chrono'd my Chief's. Not a long range gun, but it's sooooooo cute. :D For a combat gun, get the M500.

:zorro:

Hehe, for a combat gun? I wouldn't choose any of the revolvers.

The power of the chief special on green is like an average GBB on 134a. The M500, on the other hand, has been reported to be very accurate and powerful, but I have never shot one of those.

Twin M500 3+1s would be pretty combat-efficient I reckon ;) But still, you could do better with an M190 Beretta if you wanted to be totally practical about a sidearm (or pair thereof).

I'm gonna go for a Tanaka SAA detachable cylinder for the last/next revolver now and, time permitting, a Tanaka chief's special or something cute and ickle very much like it.

And 24 spare shells for the Marushins as well :D

Hmm good choice Hippy, have to see some pics :D

Thinking about getting one as well..not that i've been watching the quick and the dead :P

Edit: Happy? :P

Also hippy whats the 2nd line of your sig from? (thinking it's hhgttg)

Edited by Vicks

Pretty similar yeah, the performance seems to be great across the board (but again, I ain't got a Raging Bull or Anaconda so I can't be 100% sure) if anything the lightweight Super Redhawk seems the best skirmish one, the Constrictor is the chunkiest by far and most meaty, and the finich is best on the Super Blackhawk.

All are a little bit flimsy compared to Tanakas of course but then whaddya expect :D That said, the Tanaka M29 for example could actually do with being a tiny bit tighter and more solid, and a bit heavier ideally, but the incredible trigger pull and finish more than makes up for things like that.

Gas in the Marushin should last about 25-40 rounds depending on rate of fire in an average temperature for the UK (i.e. -5 to +30 degrees :lol) room temperature should give you about that, and of course being wheelguns they'll perform better for longer than GBBs at low temperatures :)

Aye thats nice Shao.

Just a quick question really I want to buy a revolver before the VCR, but because i want that new double barrel sawn off, as well as 2 other pistols, i can't really afford a tanaka or maurshin (sp?) so i'm thinking about getting a chrome (style) KWC Colt Python 357, as it's cheap and i'm only want it for looks. So basically is it anygood? whats the finish like?

Cheers.

Vicks

• 4 weeks later...