Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those the stock M29 grips? I seem to remember them being a bit different :unsure: I could walk next door and check of course, but thats all the way over to the next room :lol:

Congrats on getting 4 Peacemakers dude, the wood grips on that Cavalry are real-steel I assume?

Nope the M29 grips are Real steel. The calvary grips are wood, which are off of the civilian which is one of those SAA's without the colt markings and stuff, - I think its a JT special, but I don't know. lol. Yea The SAA's are Great Guns - Thats why I have 4 :D lol

Hey guys, this pretty much seems to be revolver central so I'll ask here - anyone have any thoughts on the marushin colt constrictor? I love the look of it but it's a tough gun to find anything in writing about.

cheers, oh and nice guns you rich bastages ;)

Heres a link - Don't really know anything about them.

http://www.ukasc.net/comment.php?comment.news.391

IMO If you got the money go with Tanaka

Edited by dirtyharry.44

I'm well aware that tanakas have better performance power and accuracy wise, but unfortunately they don't seem to make anything resembling the constrictor. I'm mainly after something big and chunky, and if I'm honest the idea of the marushin shells sounds pretty fun too. It'll most likely be a display/intimidation in the safe zone type piece.

I have been considering the Tanaka 629 PC (not the v-comp version) for a similarly chunky look but it seems to be out of stock everywhere :(.

Yeah that is an extremely good point right there - The M500 is very big. Very, very big indeedy :D

The weight difference between the Constrictor and the M500 ouldn't really be more pronounced: the M500 is all high grade ABS, the Constrictor is full metal, all apart from the grips, trigger (not that you notice at all) and I think the hammer is as well, but again you really, really don't notice. The finish is of course not as good as a Tanaka; nothing is except maybe the Shooters Design auto slides, as far as I know.

Sorry mate I really can't be arsed to extol the virtues of the Marushin shell-fed revolvers again, I've done so half a dozen times and almost certainly in this thread somewhere ;) If not search in titles only just for the name, there's at least 2 more out there that cover it and I got a pretty shrewd idea that at least one of them used both critical words in the title :)

Edited by evilhippy

I don't have any experience with the Marushin revolvers, But a friend of mine had one and he told me He thinks he would of been better off with a Springer. I do have a Marushin 8mm Automag GBB, and It's an EXTREMELY Nice gun. I also have a NBB 8mm Automag and its JUNK. So to my knowledge, The only Marushins to buy are the GBB's. don't know about the rifles and stuff either, but as far as i'm concerned, its Tanaka ALL THE WAY for revolvers.

I don't have any experience with the Marushin revolvers .... better off with a Springer. .... its Tanaka ALL THE WAY for revolvers.

Tanaka are better made, no doubt about it, but it depends what you want. You can't have shells with a Tanaka for example, and they're almost exclusively made of ABS and don't weight much, plus some of them also only take 6 shots, liket he Marushins, and are even more fiddly to reload if you have some spare shells for the Marushins as simply getting the tiny-*albatross* BBs into the front of the cylinder, all the while keeping the operation clean, is mildly annoying in your house and frankly infuriating in a skirmish!

As with all the times I hear about the opinions of people's friends, you always gotta ask yourself what points of reference they're using when talking about it & how much that guy is likely to know about the gun and how they've used it, abused it, properly adjusted it etc. and what they base it on as a comparison i.e. do they know what they're talking about :P No offence dude, I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Whats the funnest revolver you guys have tried/owned?

Would you be meaning `which revolver is the most fun that you've....` ? ;) Bearing in mind that `funnest` isn't a word, and that `funest` means harbinger of doom or some kind of lethal disaster, I'm kinda worried as to what you're trying to find out here :P

Most fun would be the Marushin Ruger Blackhawk or the Tanaka SAAs - all SAAs in fact as the Blackhawk is too. Other than that I've always loved that constrictor and the M65 FBI, or......

Wow, hippy, I really should have searched better. You are the god of constrictor-age and have just convinced me to buy one. Have a +1 :)

Thanks buddy, hope you like (I'm sure you will) just be ready to forgive those plastic grips and you'll be laughing like a particularly pleased maniac :D

If only you weren't wearing your tie like a 13 year old it would also look pretty cool :P

i didnt tie it, my sister did :P

i havent tied a tie scince i left school 4 years ago, i forgot how :(

it looked better at the scirmish (i think) because some woman airsofter person tied it for me after some digital wearing schoolboy tied it the first time and then she said "man that looks rubbish, here let me"

i felt 13 to be honest..... :mellow:

As with all the times I hear about the opinions of people's friends, you always gotta ask yourself what points of reference they're using when talking about it & how much that guy is likely to know about the gun and how they've used it, abused it, properly adjusted it etc. and what they base it on as a comparison i.e. do they know what they're talking about :P No offence dude, I'm sure you know what I mean :)

To tell you the truth, I shouldn't of even used that as an example because my friend that said the gun sucked, really isn't the smartest person when it comes to airsoft lol. As far as Marushin all together goes, I'm in Love with my GBB Automag, and I'm sure the Marushin revolvers aren't bad guns at all, But I have heard from most people as far as performance goes, Tanakas are better, But I really can not say anything until I get a Marushin revolver for myself lol. A lot of people I know actually think of Marushin as not even a top contender in the airsoft world, but what I want to know is where did Marushin get this rep? I mean, If All Marushin guns are as good as my GBB Automag OH YEAH, Also have a little Marushin 8mm Derringer. Thats a Great little gun for the money. Not really a contender as a sidearm, but what do you want for about 70usd. I myself although I have not owned a Marushin revolver, still think I like the Tanakas better, Mostly because of the models they make, such as the SAA, and all the S&W's. But like I said, I'm gonna have to try out a Marushin.

dtmowns - If you mean what revolver is the most fun to shoot and stuff, IMHO its the SAA. They are a blast to shoot from the hip and fan and stuff, but I consider all the guns fun to shoot lol.

Edited by dirtyharry.44

Yeah I've been wanting an SAA for as long as I can remember so maybe ill snatch one.I wish they still made them in the "classic" finish and with non-fluted cylinders though...

What is the accuracy/power difference between the Civilian/Artillery and Cavalry?

Thanks

lol at evilhippy.../

Yeah I've been wanting an SAA for as long as I can remember so maybe ill snatch one.I wish they still made them in the "classic" finish and with non-fluted cylinders though...

What is the accuracy/power difference between the Civilian/Artillery and Cavalry?

Thanks

lol at evilhippy.../

I dont have a chrono any more, so I dont know <_< sorry man, someone on here probably knows.

I might have to get a 5th SAA, because the silver ones are so damn nice :D

And BTW, I would reccomend the detachable cylinder model. and my favorite length on a SAA would have to be artillery

:D

ironmistress177.jpg

Edited by dirtyharry.44
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you ready? Take a deep breath, and:

Tanaka Smith & Wesson M629 Performance Centre Target Hunter Heavyweight SV.

*fruitcage* me it went onto the 2nd line in the `fast reply` box :o

:lol:

Anyway thats the name; here's the gun -

tile22011.jpg

tile22008.jpg

tile22010.jpg

Its lovely <shamlessness> clicky ze linky in mah siggy for the Blog Of Joy, containing the most mightily extolled virtues of this lovely, lovely gun. </shamelessness>

Edited by evilhippy