Revolver Picture Thread

Well, my new one is not quite so glamourous, but I seem to be carrying around wherever I go, so I must like it...

Side View

Cylinder View

As you can see, I went for a different choice than expected. Hoping to use my new chrono on it tomorrow, to see how it fares on propane! :D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can, Marushin makes both.  They're not the best skirmish weapons due to the horrible double action, but they're more than good enough for showpieces/plinking.

w00t! :P yea thats all i really wanted one for, that and to scare people :P , Double action is where the trigger cocks the hammer isn't it? so unlike the SAA you don't have to pull the hammer back with each shot?? Right?

Thanks for the help seth.

w00t! :P yea thats all i really wanted one for, that and to scare people :P , Double action is where the trigger cocks the hammer isn't it? so unlike the SAA you don't have to pull the hammer back with each shot?? Right?

Thanks for the help seth.

You are correct. Double action means each pull of the trigger cocks the hammer AND releases it onto the gas release valve. Single action, like on the Marushin Ruger Blackhawk and the Tanaka SAA series, means you cock the hammer manually for every shot, and release the hammer by pulling the trigger.

If you are truly looking for a quality shell loader revolver, look no further than the Marushin Blackhawk in silver, 7.5 inch. It's by far one of the highest quality airsoft revolvers I've used, and loading the shells is a pure joy.

ahh good, glad i sound like i know what im talking about :P. The blackhawk sounds good but i want a python or anaconda, as im trying to put togeather a Resident evil / Leon aka the professional get up.

Didn't Leon use a Raging Bull? ;)

Anyway, the Python and Anaconda look nice, but are nearly useless in double action, and with the Anaconda, the gas transfer tube is molded into the grip frame. This means, if you use green gas, you risk rupturing it and cracking the frame....

Again, great showpieces and plinkers with 134A. Poor for skirmishing.

The revolvers I know to last a while on green gas are the Redhawk and Blackhawk. DirectorCass (on this forum) has been using his Bull on green gas, but his gas transfer ruptured. Was later fixed with some JB-weld, but if this happens in the Anaconda, you're looking at a destroyed frame.

Didn't Leon use a Raging Bull? ;)

Anyway, the Python and Anaconda look nice, but are nearly useless in double action, and with the Anaconda, the gas transfer tube is molded into the grip frame.  This means, if you use green gas, you risk rupturing it and cracking the frame....

Again, great showpieces and plinkers with 134A.  Poor for skirmishing.

The revolvers I know to last a while on green gas are the Redhawk and Blackhawk.  DirectorCass (on this forum) has been using his Bull on green gas, but his gas transfer ruptured.  Was later fixed with some JB-weld, but if this happens in the Anaconda, you're looking at a destroyed frame.

been watching Leon or Wasabi lately? :P