Revolver Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you do it? Looks real good

Thanks, I polished the parts up then splashed Birchwood Casey Perma Blue in it as randomly as I could. A thin coat gives it a multicolored effect, and a more concentrated application gave it dark patches.

Edited by GlockworkOrange

Yeah chemical metal finishes react strangely with airsoft metals, and the end result differs wildly. Birchwood Casey Aluminium Black turns most airsoft alloys anything from grey to brown, and Perma Blue seem to depend on how much you polish the metal before hand. Applying it to a dull metal, it just goes grey, but if polished it can come out a nice multicolour oily look - not quite blue, but you won't get that if it's not steel. Might try some Super Blue, which is supposedly a lot more concentrated. 

Try this..

https://www.ballistolstore.co.uk/weapon-care?product_id=134

Comes out looking pretty much like blued steel on the cast zinc alloy these guns use.

Don't expect it to wear like blued steel though, as it's not capable of biting into the alloy surface properly. Easy to touch up if it marks though..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just the standard hand checkering set and a lot of time/patience/effort. Although looking back I should have bought the 6-piece set.

10559943_10152990169315744_8710580459661

edit:

It might not look much with the stain on, but I cut my diamonds deep.

10551001_10152992810635744_8026008757273

Taken before using the fine cutter to sharpen the points.

Edited by renegadecow