ICS Vs G&P Sam-R help

Freight

Good afternoon all

I was hoping that maybe a few of you could shine a light on a quandry im having. Ive been playing airsoft for about a year and i love my VFC scar L as it really does do everything i want it too. But Airsoft being such an addictive sport i want another AEG, I like the idea of a M4 Variant and i was originally looking at a ICS M4 maybe even the M4 SiR that Z1 has for sale. I havent had much M4 experience though and a few friends have put the G&P Variants as a alternative. I quite like the look of the G&P Sam-R as its a diferent sort of rifle to a scar m4 size rifle and it could fill quite a few roles.

The only thing is i dont really have much knowledge on G&P rifles, whether they are a comparable or even superior brand to ICS and if they have any paticular problems or idiosyncrasies.

If anyone could give me an idea what G&P's (sam-R's) are like in comparison to ics id be much appreciative. i appologise if this has been covered before, if it has and anyone has the link could they paste it for me

cheers everyone

Ian

Good afternoon all

I was hoping that maybe a few of you could shine a light on a quandry im having. Ive been playing airsoft for about a year and i love my VFC scar L as it really does do everything i want it too. But Airsoft being such an addictive sport i want another AEG, I like the idea of a M4 Variant and i was originally looking at a ICS M4 maybe even the M4 SiR that Z1 has for sale. I havent had much M4 experience though and a few friends have put the G&P Variants as a alternative. I quite like the look of the G&P Sam-R as its a diferent sort of rifle to a scar m4 size rifle and it could fill quite a few roles.

The only thing is i dont really have much knowledge on G&P rifles, whether they are a comparable or even superior brand to ICS and if they have any paticular problems or idiosyncrasies.

If anyone could give me an idea what G&P's (sam-R's) are like in comparison to ics id be much appreciative. i appologise if this has been covered before, if it has and anyone has the link could they paste it for me

cheers everyone

Ian

Having owned 2 ICS M4's (One railed one not) and a G&P M16A4 (Basically a SAMR) I dont think you will be disappointed with either. I know I wasnt. In terms of build quality the G&P guns has the better plastics, hands down but the ICS guns have a bunch of other gimmicks making them worth the cost. Replacing hand guards is cheap.

To be honest, buy which ever you think will work the best for your play style and go for it. I love both brands for AEG's (They are the only M16's I'll buy, and I've had a CA M15A4 too) and think they make great product.

The ICS is great for tweaking, as the split gearbox can make a difference in diagnosing problems. Stripped a piston, not a problem to replace, one body pin and 6 screws and a quick swap and you are back in the field. Need to change from CQB FPS to woodland FPS, thats as easy as swapping the upper cylinder all together. The system is brilliant.

The G&P just has an amazing metal body and good internal parts. They run smooth as all get out and perform great out of the box.

I recommend you buy:

BOTH! ^_^

Archived