The Flyye 1961a is a replica of the London Bridge Trading 1961a chest rig, a piece of gear that is popular with SEAL teams. It is a unique and great chest rig, but the $250 price tag will make most airsofters think twice about purchasing it. Thus comes the Flyye 1961a. Priced at about $80 after shipping, it is an attempt at an affordable alternative to the more expensive LBT version. The low price point makes it perfect for the airsofter not looking to spend a fortune on his or her loadout. Now onto the rig itself...

The Flyye 1961a is made out of 1000 denier Cordura, a tough material that is used in most quality gear. However, I will say it right now that the Flyye 1961a is not as high quality as the real thing. I will expand on this later.

It features 4 M4 magazine pouches in the front, each able to hold 2 STANAG mags. Small utility pouches are mounted in front of these M4s, a suitable place for a strobe, multi tool, or pistol magazines. These pouches are flanked on each side by a large general purpose pouch with a Velcro closure system. These pouches hold general items such as first aid supplies, speed loaders, gas, etc. Each general purpose pouch has a small fragmentation grenade pouch mounted on the side. This is a nice touch to replicate the LBT version, but not really necessary for an airsofter. An MBITR radio pouch sits behind each GP, a nice place to store a radio (obviously).

The h-harness is attached via two large buckles to the body of the rig. The h-harness configuration makes it quite easy to doff the rig if necessary. It features two large, padded shoulder pads as well. I do not like these shoulder pads at all. Their extreme stiffness makes it nearly impossible for them to conform to one's shoulders.

This chest rig is definitely not up to the quality of its real brethren, but it's price makes it still a solid option for the airsofter on a budget. If you have $70 more to shell out, you can purchase Eagle Industry's Multi chest rig, a take on the LBT 1961a design. Personally, I would go with the LBT or Eagle version, but I expect more out of my gear, including re-sale value and rarity.

In conclusion, this is a solid piece for airsofters that need something that will hold up to the stresses of the game at an affordable price.

-Sinclaire (Bronco)

Pics coming in a few minutes

PICS!

The following pictures help describe some stuff I said in the review.

1961areview086.jpg

1961areview085.jpg

1961areview084.jpg

1961areview083.jpg

1961areview081.jpg

1961areview080.jpg

1961areview079.jpg

1961areview078.jpg

• 6 months later...
Just a quick heads up on the mag pouches on these, They wont take PTW mags the are to long for the mag flaps to close.

I'm waiting to see if Flyye change this as I really want one

Are PTW mags real steel length like the G&G standards? Some airsoft spec gear won't work with such mags.