Blammo Kill Marker

If I'm understanding this correctly, these are BBs dipped in a marking substance.

Why not sell the marking substance itself so you can dip your own BBs in the stuff? As of right now, there's no information regarding sniper-grade kill markers, so why don't they just sell the marking substance so people with .43g BBs can dip their BBs in them?

If I recall correctly, their bbs are undersized on purpose (less than 6mm) so after the coating process they come out to the norm of 6mm. Thus if they sold the coat by itself, and a consumer used the dry lubricant coating on regular size 6mm bb the result will be a bb that may be too big for some barrel. Unless you can uniformly remove material of your bb to allow a smaller diameter, I don't believe coating your own bbs with their dry lubricant will result in something positive.

Anyway, do expect .40g 6mm bb in May 2009.

The coating doesn’t come off in normal handling in your hands, and it leaves only a minimal residue of dry lubricant in your gun or magazine

bye-bye hop consistency...

also, new sale title maybe:

blammo kill marker - turns airsoft into paintball!

Wow. This is just a fantastic idea! I love to mix paint with my expensive camo and gear!

I see no value in this product. Look how small the marks are. No way you are ever going to be able to see those in combat, and if you are playing with people who need to be marked to determine if they are out, you probably should find new people to play with.

Too bad someone wasted their time on this project instead of, oh I don't know, making something useful for airsofters...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the major downfall of airsoft as a sport is that theres no real way to tell if someone is hit other that their honor, and to be realistic, everyone knows people who just refuse to honor fair hits. with these bbs it allows airsoft to become a true, main stream sport. these bbs allow you to use them in any regular gun, a feat the paintball bbs could never do.

that is what the maker was going for, to let our hobby evolve into a true sport.

now, if you think like that, you can come to like them, or atleast the idealism behind them, but if they suck, it all goes to hell.

dont you want to play airsoft professionally?

what they should do is have the coating be luminescent, reflective and a neon color so the mark left by a bb hit has a higher chance of being seen.

i still dont see these not leaving marks on the hup up parts and the barrel.

BTW, even paintball junk is rather easy to clean off. for the BDUs, a wash is all it takes. on anything that cant be thrown in the washer can be cleaned with a cloth. its only yogurt really.

Edited by Horsem4n

Don't really care for the idea but that's because it's only a tiny mark since only a small part of the bb will even hit and I don't think it will really stop cheaters since they can just clean it off and go back to cheating. Most you can hope for this is if someone isn't sure they were hit they could see the little mark but then generally if you think you're hit you're supposed to call it anyway.

Wondering what would happen if the coating got into a open cut/wound from a higher FPS hit, infections?

wiping is a major problem with paintball too, just confine the actual sport play to CQB type matches and the refs have an easier tim seeing cheeters. the wiping causes an expulsion penalty and 2 players of the offending team go out. now, your probably saying to yourself "well, in CQB its pretty easy to tell if someons cheating weather or not the shot makes a mark", well, that's correct, but whats the reason its not a sanctioned sport? the honor rule can not be trusted in a competitive sport and this even a small red mark is enough to show the dude got hit weather or not he called it.

as for the coating causeing infections, this sort of thing has to be non toxic, especially if its a projectile or it will never be sold in the US and its territories.

Edited by Horsem4n

Wouldn't really matter if it's toxic, just about anything can cause infections especially if you don't wash or flush out any residue left behind.

Not really interested in confining anything to one type of play either, cheaters are not that big of an issue that that's the only alternitive. Just tell yourself you "killed" them and a that new player magically took his place, 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th time's a charm.

That or maybe it's time to lace the admin so he wakes up.