Items Seized by U.S. Customs

ThaSniper

ok this does not relate to airsoft, and this is why i am posting here

recently i have purchased balisongs from the philippines, hoping that they would reach me in california, but they have been seized (damnit)

recently i have recieved a letter from u.s. customs,

here is my question...

do i need to reply to this letter? because within it, it talks about that if i choose to take no action that they will be forfeit and proper action will be taken for the items according to the state laws...

do i really have to send a reply back to this letter if i would like to abandon the items?

thanks

also it has 3 choices at the end of the letter, but earlier in the letter it says that i can choose to take no action and the items will be abandoned...so my question is, if i want to just abandon the items, do i need to send a reply?

thanks

a pieceo f the letter states

""1. You may choose to take no action. If you take no action, Customs and Border Protection will seek to forfeit the propert y by administrative action in accordance with section 607, Tariff Act of 1930, as amended (19 U.S.C. 1607) and section 162.45, Title 19, Code of Federal Regulation. In order to obtain forfeiture, The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of -Customs and border protection must post a notice of seizure and intent to forfeit at the customhouse for three sucessive weeks. After that time, the government acqures full title to the seized property. The first notice will be posted on or about Nov, 4, 2004 in the customhouse at 555 battery st., san francisco CA"

does that mean if i want to abandon the items and i dont want them i do not need to send any reply? thanks

Archived