Biggest Failure

warbirds

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to unload the gas from my WA M4 mag before tinkering with it...

it blew up in my face, giving me 5 stitches on my lower right portion of my lip, and pushing one of my bottom right incisor back by 2mm... also a load of gas into my eyes...

strangely it didnt hurt one bit... even when the nurse was stitching it closed!

all good now though!

Several, was playing baseball with the stock of my gun, and a bb grenade... hit it straight up, landed on my head, and promptly exploded........... one not done by me, but one of my mates... best through i've ever seen, into the A-frame in front of his face whilst lying down... he didn't get up in time...

a guy tried to throw a grenade into a doorway of the fort (the depot, UW) from about 3 meters away. hit the door frame. lame. so he tried again and hit exactly the same spot on the door frame. we got bored and just rushed in to find that it was empty anyway.

guy had set up an ambush on me and was perfectly hidden. i didnt notice him until i was about 10 meters away and he started firing. sadly for him, he was dry firing and i prompty shot him. if his gun had worked there would have been no doubt id have been hit.

Standing in a tower at Op Vortex, under fire from a hut across the river with no roof on it. Thought I'd lob a grenade into it, so lit striker, lobbed...

and realised the grenade hadn't gone anywhere. The tower had camo netting as a roof and the 'nade had got caught in it! I matrix dove out of the tower and decided to simply run away :P

Nice one shriven!!

I had an experiance caused by the same thing: tunnle vision.

During a game at Finmere airsoft, my team where attacking an area held by the enemy. I was pushing up the right flank with my sniper, as my rifle has 300FPS its not really sniper grade :P.

We engage at all points along the front line allmost simoltaniously, after an exchange of fire i spot an enemy sniper behind a tree quite some distance away. This guy is the only person on his left flank(our right) however the center of their line is holding strongly.

I put some fire down on the sniper, but my low powered rifle cant make the range. He on the other hand can, and is pinning down our entire flank by himself.

I move forwards a couple of trees, and try to put some more fire on him, but at the limit of my range i cant hit him.

I move slightly to the left, and dropping my rifle rush up on him, in between the trees. He was leaning out of the right hand side of the tree, i ran up on the left to shoot him in the back with my handgun.

However:

The center of the enemy forces is still holding, and as i run past them i get shot by about 20 players!

Ive got quite a few bad moments :P

Ive run full force into a very thick tree branch once.

Ive been clotheslined by a low tree branch too.

I have one CQB failure:

We were going to bust through a thin window and try and take out 2 bad guys. I ditched my primary, and pulled out my AEP. My teammate proped me up, and I bust through firing away at two enemy who had their backs to me only to realise that I hadnt even loaded the damn thing. They turned around, looked at me, then each other, then walked off :P So I pulled out the GBB and cleared the rest of the house :P

Heh :P That reminds of a window related accident I also had :)

Clearing the "Foxhole" ( actually the entrance to the Forts prison) at CAGE Amherst, I take the window, my mate takes the door. We both enter at the same time, me with my bayonet fixed. I jump up onto the sill and move on in... unfortunately tripping on the remanent of a steel bar poking up out of the stonework, sending me flying through the window. My mate sees me moving out of the corner of his eye and turns to look at me. He said it looked like I was going completely gung ho, throwing myself through the window, weapon up, head still into it, bayonet fixed. However, he soon realised I wasn't moving much and making odd noises. Thank christ I was wearing a helmet, I only ended up with a lightly fractured elbow. Didn't realise it at the time, so I just used my M4 one handed the rest of the day, as I couldnt' move my other arm much!

Just about every time my rifle has locked up (usually the RPK) mid combat. Even more tragic was at Red Mist, where we made a mad dash in the open outside the town for the last objective through a field. We came under heavy fire, and as I moved to return fire...

Nothing. The gearbox had chosen that moment to lock up. :F

This after I had replaced every single moment and re-shimmed in every method imaginable.

I've now just bought some JG gearboxes instead. They're putting out 420fps atm, but at least they work. :D

Found an elk ripped to pieces on the field, there were bones and meat everywhere. Five minutes later I accidentally crawled into the pile of poo the bear that killed it had made. The worst thing is I didn't notice the huge amount of substance until I sat into my friends new Passat. He was mad that evening.

I ran head-first through a wooden support beam about 4" thick, My helmet slipped down over my goggles and I ran through it at full pelt, splintering the beam and giving me a light concussion.

Naturally, as I struggled to get up again everyone shot me. -_-"

Myself, the dumbest thing I can think of was a time I was holed up in a shed, the last one alive in the area, and, deciding that I thought I knew where the enemy was, I in my foolishness exited the shed in terrible form, gun first and without proper observation. Turns out my mate on the other team, a somewhat athletically inclined fellow, was waiting behind the door to disarm me, flip me on my back, and shoot me with my own pistol. Embarassing.

I spent one game with the intent of flanking the enemy forces, hiking at least half a mile out of the way in order to do so. I finally made it to their flank, after getting lost numerous times. I snuck my way right up to their rear, to within ten meters of one guy. I opted not to go for the knife kill, thinking it was too risky. I then open fire, only to realize I hadn't wound my magazine. Que getting lit up by the other team...

One other time I tried to escape the enemy prisoner camp, only to trip over one of them, and getting shot in the knee three times in the EXACT same spot. I felt three hits, there was only one mark. I questioned it until I realized his barrel was touching my knee when it happened.

Just gun failures at ridiculous moments, like opening up an ambush and getting dry fire. Or doing something relatively important like being the guy to flush out the opfor while battle buddy suppresses, and then all you hear are the gears turning.

Throwing a Mk5 into a room, having it bounce off the door-frame and literally land in my lap, killing myself and about 4 guys on my team. Ugh.

Lying in a wasp nest, then taking off through the woods screaming "AH F***! GET THEM OFF ME!" with 50 angry insects clustered around my ankle while simultaneously being stung to hell and shot by literally EVERYONE (yeah, thanks guys).

Having my goggles fog on me, take a knee in the woods, and fail to notice the guy on the other team walking right up in front of me. Before being shot in the face, and him laughing like an idiot.

Getting my brand new KSC USP Compact, taking it to a big weekender, loading it up with BBs, finally getting a chance for the world's most epic pistol kill to break the thing in, and having it go *click* because I forgot to gas the mag up.

Running head-first into low beams in the dark at the old Spectre Urban site, followed by "OW, F***!" and a peppering of BBs.

Running shin-first into rusty sheep feeders in the dark at the old Spectre Urban site, also followed by "Ow, F***!" and a further peppering of BBs.

:(

I actually have a couple:

Was firing at a bush where I thought had the last person on the opposing team, so I decided to keep him pinned down while I flank him. As I get closer, I noticed that there was a dryed up riverbed behind it and in there were 3-4 others proning/crouching waiting for a flank. Out of shock, I chanted "f**k" while sprinting for a tree, which wasn't enough to cover my fat *albartroth*.

In my newb days, I bought a nicely built WE Hi-Cappa and holstered it in my sweater. One day, while playing CQB, during breifing, It some how fell out and hit the concrete floor HARD! I didn't learn from that mistake so I did it a couple more times, and yet another 2-5 times it fell out, which then ultimately destroying the hammer assembly.

This happened to me a couple of times:

Had to throw a nade into a pillbox where 2-3 enemy were held up while running and had the nade hit just above the door. The nade bounces and lands 3' infront of me.

After a whole summer of being away in HK, I came back and decided to go with the old team to CQB. Since I had been away for so long, I had forgotten to yell out "Surrender" when face to face with an enemy. Finally after what's seemed to be forever, I finally remembered and he called himself out.

My most interesting failure happened over the summer, when I was walking down a path with another player, trying to find out where the opposing team was holing up.

We were walking, weapons at low ready, talking back and forth.

"I have no idea where they are, you?"

"Nope. Not a clue"

"I could have sworn that they were still up on the hill. That's where they started, and they never left"

"You mean on the ridge."

"No... the hill, across from the bunker"

At that moment, we both realized that we were on opposite teams, and had been the last two people on our respective sides. I fumbled for my pistol, and he simply tapped my on the shoulder and said bang.

Everyone else got a good laugh out of it when we related the story in the loading area.

Archived