Biggest Failure

warbirds

climbing a meter off the ground in dense jungle foliage into an ambush position above a path with nothing but a rubber bayonet, then as an enemy walked under 1 meter away, scream banzai! and jump down on him, only to get caught in vines halfway to him and get hosed by his ~450 SPR. He admitted he nearly shat himself tho

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While attacking a group of huts I charged forward and came under fire about 10 yards short of the hut I was going to take cover behind. Trying to take evasive action I slipped onto my *albartroth* and went straight through the wall of the hut demolishing it.

Poppin smoke ... only it wasn't smoke, it was a home made grenade [bBs packed around a small banger firework] .......scared the holy Mary out of us as I didn't throw it that far away ......

Lesson: smoke grenades are supposed to produce smoke, not hit everyone in 5 meters distance with a BB. The 'Einstein'ian idea of using a different colour for each presented itself soon afterwards :rolleyes:

Good Hunting

climbing a meter off the ground in dense jungle foliage into an ambush position above a path with nothing but a rubber bayonet, then as an enemy walked under 1 meter away, scream banzai! and jump down on him, only to get caught in vines halfway to him and get hosed by his ~450 SPR. He admitted he nearly shat himself tho

That had me laughing :D

knowing that there was a wasps nest somewhere around area where we were and found it but then some one i didnt konw shot

it so every 1 got stung like 3 times each

i only got once since most of my body was covered

also

during an OP my squad went into a (dry lake bed) well it turned out it wasnt and we walked right into it and sunk like up to knees almost in mud and water(and at that time i didnt have army boots so y regular shoes got destroyed basicly)

respawned and went to where my buddies were before I got shot. Since my glasses fogged up, I didn't have that clear of a vision and stood staring at 2 tans(ACU, actually, but wasn't sure which color was where) for about 5 minutes until one of my mates came up and shot at one.

Back when I was into paintball...

This day at my friends birthday party at a local field I had to rent a tippmann 98 custom. I managed to pin down two my other friends, I was firing frantically to keep them pinned down. So at this moment the best thing to do is to rush them and shoot them up close. At this moment I book it to them going to the right side of where they where hiding... running at full force I decided to do a slide and as I try to shoot while sliding I just hear my gun make a sound that you never want to hear "click" .... my gun de-cocked (This is due to shooting TOO fast with the gun) I look at my two friends on that I just had the jump on, and they look at me... they finally decide to shoot me.

Ohhh Such a failure... :-P

Failures:

Epic Fail #1: Walking quietly through the brush of some woods, looking for my friend (sniper kit), and his support gunner. Teammate crashing through brush, wearing turquoise. I ended up getting nailed first in arm at 425 fps, then several times in the chest at 350.

Epic Fail #2: Stalking my friend at night. I had his exact position and could see him but wanted a one-shot kill for the glory and epicness of it. Right when I was almost in position for the kill, my parents started calling to us that it was time for dinner, and their voices got steadily angrier. So, I ended up spraying wildly at his position and rushing, trying to end the game. No one got any kills. Scared the heck out of some lady talking on the phone on her back porch.

Epic Fail #3: Had a fast-paced springer battle with some friends. Me and one of my friends had no clue where the last player could be. Ended up walking right past him as he sat camouflaged in our yard's shrubbery, in broad daylight. He never took the shot, thankfully...

Epic Fail #4: Got lost in my friend's woods. My teammate and I were searching for him, disoriented. Teammate headed off in another direction, and he immediately got shot by the lone sniper. I figured, "Aw, I'll charge him, why not? He can't match my ROF and it willl be hard for him to hit a moving target." Charged, and he turned out to be right in front of me. I promptly got drilled in the chest from a few yards, once again at 425 fps.

Epic Fail #5: Hiding in thick undergrowth as spotter for my friend, a sniper. I had a single-shot sawed-off shotgun as a primary. The other team was loudly crashing through the brush looking for us. My teammate got a kill on the first stalker by surrender, holding him up with his sniper at less than a couple feet. The second one was coming up behind us and was clearly visible to me. He was borrowing my KJ Ruger, which shoots around 430fps. I was camouflaged, but unfortunately the shotgun I was holding was one of those crappy wal-mart brands and was translucent and had a bright orange tip. I saw him well before he saw me, but I waited too long, he saw me, and I ended up slam firing at him while he tore up the bushes with the Ruger. I ended up getting it in the leg.

That list is pretty hard to beat.

First & Only woodland, me and Wolfenstein (playing in woodland with a P90 and MP5K between us :D ) respawned, and decided to have a trek ALL the way round the site to outflank the enemy. After about 20 mins of arduous bushtrekking on a hot summers day, we got to the top of the site totally undetected.

Some enemies were walking across a pathway, and we fired only for them to say "We're already hit!". Then some other guys followed so we didnt shoot. But they werent hit, and shot us. GAHHHHHH!

At the last op I was at we had a player captured and he had apparently been able to keep a grenade hidden from us. So he throws it into a meeting circle where our commander is. Two embarassing things for him, one, it was a fake plastic grenade and was not sanctioned by game rules, two, he had not realized that his commander and 2nd in command had come over for a prisoner negotiation and was standing right next to our commander.

Lightsaber killed... I was lightsaber killed.

I was sitting in this little drainage ditch, facing the opfor with my teammates behind me (like 20 yards). I heard this crunching sound and I assumed that it was one of my teammates running up to reinforce me, so I turn around just in time to see this guy with a toy lightsaber dive towards me... literally dive, his legs were like 3 feet above the ground. He slung out the little green telescoping "blade" right into my vest. Apparently my team had been pushed back while I had my back turned, and that left me open to a bizarre death from a galaxy far far away.

Just about the most epic thing ever: could have been straight out of a movie.

So we were playing our zombie game on a friends property. There were 6 of us, and only two survivors; me and a friend. I had my p90, he had a wimpy spring pistol. Basically, in our zombie games, the zombies have no guns and have to tag you with both hands to "infect" you, though its much more fun when you tackle people and start "biting" them. Only head shots kill them, though generally when people get shot enough they just decide to die. Anyway, I'm low on ammo (I was only allowed a single magazine) and hiding in a bush. My friend is cornered by all 4 zombies, incidentally right in front of me. It was extremely dramatic, since he's screaming "*fruitcage*! NO! GET BACK! BACK! AHHHH! HELP ME!" And taking pot shots at the group of zombies who are slowly approaching in unison. Right before they get him, I pop out of my bush and mow down half of them, scaring the other two away. Then, I yell "Hey! Lets move!"

He, for some reason unknown to me, just stays there and taunts the dead zombies, eventually walking off later. After trying to get him to come for a minute, I decide to get to a better position. So, I run across the field and climb up on top of his shed type of thing. He finally makes his way out of there and all the zombies respawn and start walking towards my barn/shed thing. I try to shoot them and realize that I'm out of ammo. So, I start yelling "Hey! Help! Get over here and help me! I saved your *albatross*, time to return the favor!" He just sort of keeps his distance, and then the zombies start climbing up on to the roof. I drop my gear and jump off of the roof, but they predict it and so I land in a pool of zombie. Just for dramatic purposes, I start screaming "AHHGG! NOOO! AHGG! HELP ME!!" as the zombies pretend to eat my face. My friend shows up and yells "*suitcase*! DIE!" and starts trying to shoot them. All 4 zombies just freeze, look at him for a second, and then tackle him and repeat the process. Most epic game ever. I think I had actually been dry firing after saving him, so I was lucky the other two ran off in fear. I shouldn't have gotten on the roof, I would have been fine had I just ran across and disappeared into some other bushes.

Not my failure- but another's: It's an assasination game, so I decide to find a way to suprise 'em. Looking around at good concealment spots, I don't find one satisfactory. Then, I spot a tree, so I climb in the tree, and am fairly exposed, but high enough not to be seen from someone looking straight at ground level. I tell my other assasin to distract them when they're in my firing arc. First failure - he opens up on them before I get a shot. Beyond that, he misses every shot. One of them moves off to their right, and enters my arc, fools around a little, then walks right towards me. I panic a little, so I surrender him. His failure, he was ten feet away, and looking right at me, but fails to notice me, even after I say "Surrender!" Apparently, he never thought to look up! :P

It was on a strictly BB limited game. Everyone had 200 BBs and no respawn. We had to cap a flag in a muddy, rainy woodland game. In a drawn out round, 3 players remained on our team and 1 on the other. We all run out of BBs (even after picking up a few from the dirt :) ). The defender went dry so I ordered to charge while blank firing wildly to scare the defender away. Too bad he didn't feel like leaving his nice dry shelter and had a spare full mag...

Later on, at the same game I wanted to cap a suppressed point. Told my plans to the guys around. They agreed, that it was a good idea. I led the charge, noone followed...

not my fail, someone else's

We were pinned down at a intersection between two paths, and a squad of guys ran by. I yelled "grab some cover and lay down some fire"

Only problem- they ran right past and got nailed by about 10 players at once

ha i havent really got a good story but my bro was with me and we were running away from fire and he couldnt stop, tripped and went head first into a massive growth of bushes, several branches and many leaves went down his throat as he screamed when he went in and he puked up puking out leaves etc. from the crash lol

• 3 weeks later...
Found an elk ripped to pieces on the field, there were bones and meat everywhere. Five minutes later I accidentally crawled into the pile of poo the bear that killed it had made. The worst thing is I didn't notice the huge amount of substance until I sat into my friends new Passat. He was mad that evening.

Well thats dedication really. I hope you got a kill while you were rolling in excrement!

You, you died didnt you?

My freind and I were 4m away from an enemy. My friend was pinned, but when i emerged, i could not tell if the dude was on my team. With a clear shot for 4 seconds, i did nothing. He killed me, then my friend.

I watched some interesting fail at a large milsim game last year;

A team stacked up along a wall, ready to assualt a building. One guy quickly pulls the pin on a grenade and throws it up into a first floor window... or rather the window frame. He catchs it, swears, and throws it at the window again. Hits the window frame a second time and as he catches it again the grenade goes off, killing him and the whole team stacking up to attack the buidling.

I lol'd.

That was the same event that I got shot in the tongue while calling to my team mates... that was my fail.

Archived