Biggest Failure

warbirds

Mine is also "nade" related.

I was a defender at my local woodland site and gone prone in a very nice concealed spot about 5 meters from a path that I knew would be used.

After about 5 minutes of waiting, I hear a few whispers and can see a good 4 - 6 people slowly coming along this path, I thought for a giggle instead of firing at them I'll lob a grendae into the path (as the path is between 2 thick bushes, so theres a nice bottle neck) So I get out my thermo baric, strike once....nothing, strike twice...nothing again!

before I even had a chance to try for a third time the Opfor had heared my trying to light the damn thing and a hail of fire came through the bush.

At this point im staying as close to the ground as possible since they could hear me but not see me. I finally manage to get the grenade lit and lob it up high but manage it hit a branch about as thin as a pencil on the only tree anywhere remotley near to me. It then bounces back and lands about a foot away from me...that was my ambush over :(

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From this weekend:

A mate went to throw a grenade while inside a hospital, only to have it bounce back from hitting the pillar in front of him. Fail.

The best part was it was in front of the staging area so we all saw it through the glass.

Giving support fire to my team while they assault the bridge ojective.

Just as they were charging, my MK48 decides to not feed ¬¬ I shake the box mag' and try again, it makes a horrid grinding noise ¬_¬

My (dead) team walk past me towards the deadzone shouting why I wasn't giving them cover fire, so I pulled the trigger :(

One I saw that still makes me chuckle ...

We were in the process of storming a heavily defended single storey structure and a brave chap on our side ran forward with a Mk5 which he successfully struck whilst we gave covering fire.

Just as he was about to throw the 'nade his forward foot slipped and the nade went vertically upwards. He'd completely lost sight of it and from my vantage point I could see exactly what happened. The Mk5 went about 10 feet straight up and then straight back down lodging itself neatly between his back and backpack.

I ended up getting shot myself because I was laughing so hard.

Heh :P That reminds of a window related accident I also had :)

Clearing the "Foxhole" ( actually the entrance to the Forts prison) at CAGE Amherst, I take the window, my mate takes the door. We both enter at the same time, me with my bayonet fixed. I jump up onto the sill and move on in... unfortunately tripping on the remanent of a steel bar poking up out of the stonework, sending me flying through the window.

It did exactly the same thing trying to storm the Foxhole window just over a year ago but I landed on my knees on the concrete.

My left knee has never been the same since and I have to wear a support bandage when I skirmish now. Annoying thing was I was wearing knee pads all day but decided to take them off just before the last game as they were making my knees sweaty :(

I was shot, and two of my teammates came running to drag me out of the heat of battle to heal me back up again. As they took hold of the draghandle of my webbing,it tore apart:p The entire thing, made useless in seconds! So now, years after, I don't buy the cheapass vests I used to.

pantac or real steal all the way nowadays.

but my biggest failure ever..

..I once played with a Steyr Aug! :o

Sighted OPFOR, raised my weapon, pull the trigger, and heard the unmistakable sound of dry-fire.

Turned out that I had accidentally dropped my magazine somewhere (damn AR-15 magazine release button) and had been running around for the last five minutes with an unloaded weapon.

Found the magazine when I backtracked after the game. Fresh one, too. 120-rounds of perfectly good but now-useless ammo.

Cleaning my, then very new and fresh, RPK.

Had the butstock on a bench in the safe-zone. Using a stick to dig mud out of the bi-pod.

Then getting the remarkably clever idea - "If I take the retaining spring off I can clen it easier" forgeting the pocking legs are spring loaded. Ended up spliting my chin open and having to clean mud and blood off the RPK :D.

Deceiding to use a Viper duty belt to hold up my trousers during a private skirmish. I'm the last guy on my team and there's a bunker full of guys straight ahead, may aswell get taken in violently I guess. Que me running in firing a P90 from the hip only for my belt to unbuckle and my trousers promptly fall to the floor. So what the enemy actually saw was me firing a P90 from one hand and holding my trousers in the other. FAIL.

Another fail is when I was a medic on my team and the rest of my team was dead behind me, I had a couple of minutes 'til I respawned so I sat my MP5 down next to me and see the guy who took us out coming along the path, right in time for me to respawn! So I draw my pistol (Glock AEP), flick it to auto and "pop pop pop" DRY FIRE! Turns out my mag was halfway out the gun when I was firing.

Not so much a fail on my part but more down to my pyro. During a night game I throw a multi bang thermobaric next to an enemy structure, POOMF! goes the thermobaric part of it, but what happened to my bangs? They landed about 40 feet away after the initial explosion and landed next to my team mate!

Three ones I can remember.

Fail one. Sitting in a safe zone at gz weekender loading up one of my moscart shell (48rd). Once finished I put it on my leg while I opened the nade launcher as I did the firing pin catchs my leg holster clip and goes off 20cm from my chin sending gas and bbs up my face blowing my mask 5m's away.

Fail two. Just about to go for a long range grenade through but as my arm is in motion one of my team shoots, hitting me in the hand which hurts alot so I promptly let go of the nade blowing up the other 5 people on my team.

Fail three wasnt me but someone on the other team. Playing an inside only game. Ive managed to hole up most of the team in there respawn room. They have the door closed. The door has a small letter box sized hole in it. I hear them light a nade so as they post it out the whole I promptly push it back in and hold the door closed. Easiest 8 kills ever.

On the subject of failure I feel the need to talk about one of our very egotistical airsofting friends.

First of all, he's of Russian ancestry (though he's very much American) and he insists that because he's Russian he is a natural born sniper. He also insists he's so beastly with his "M1 Garand" (A sawed off M14 that he refuses to believe is an M14).

Anyway, at one of our games I was borrowing Shibisueka's M16, and our friend had his pistol. We were defending a barn, I was hiding behind a pillar, he behind a pile of bricks. As the enemy arrives and engages us, he's blind firing over the bricks holding his pistol sideways (and hitting a door that was hanging open, though he didn't know that). The M16 is jamming up and I'm not actually shooting anything, so I'm pinned down. As soon as a few BBs come his way, he stops shooting and literally starts begging for mercy, screaming "I SURRENDER, I SURRENDER! PLEASE, DON'T SHOOT ME!"

The worst part is that afterwards he was bragging about how gangsta he was by holding his pistol sideways.

In truth, he has gotten a little better about things. He hasn't been begging for mercy, though he's still pretty lame sometimes.

That reminds me of one game where I was ducking behind cover and teammates behind me were laying down fire on the flag straight ahead. I knew they were shooting over me but I didn't think they were shooting right over me... So, I sat up right into a stream of BBs and took one to the back of the head...

I are has BBs in my braaaaiin...

That reminds me of one game where I was ducking behind cover and teammates behind me were laying down fire on the flag straight ahead. I knew they were shooting over me but I didn't think they were shooting right over me... So, I sat up right into a stream of BBs and took one to the back of the head...

Hahaha - I did the same thing myself. CQB skirmishing. I had the first doorway, and my team-mates were in doorways behind me, all of us suppressing the end of a long hallway. I popped my head out to fire at the same time my mate behind me opened up with a 25rps, 300fps burst. These doorways were close - about 5 feet betwen them. I took his entire stream of bbs in the back of my skull. My bare, short-haircut, not-wearing-a-hat-or-helmet skull. Like this: :shocked::rocket:

It felt like somebody hit my brain with a flamethrower. Apparently, they say I hopped around like a cartoon character, and there may have been some profanity. I don't remember, as my brain was on fire. . .

-Tuthmose

I'm sure that most of us have done something of the sorts there.

Playing a game in 2-man sniper teams - My spotter and I were well hidden, and 2 OPFOR walk straight in front of us, about 20-30 meters out. My spotter tells me to wait, and when the first guy is in the wide open, he wispers "Send it." I shoot, and the guy drops like a sack of potatoes. "Didja get him?" my spotter asks. I reply, "Yeah, right in the chest." The guy I shot reappears and goes rock and roll on my spotter. In total confusion, I ask "Didn't I hit you?" Apparently not. When he heard my shot, he raised his gun and ducked a bit. The bullet impacted the side of his gun. Blargh <_< .

I shot a team mate in the head once with his own pistol - He came out of a door as I was about to go in, we collided and his pistol was forced upwards as he fired in shock, shooting himself in the chin. :(

When we getting one of our friends into airsoft, we brought him to the woods one day for a small 4v5 skirmish. He was using an mp5 someone let him borrow. The battle started and about 10 minutes later I found him. He was all alone and so was I. He fired first so I dove behind a tree. I began calling for back-up and trying to fire at him. Back-up finally arived and got our friend. Then everyone one except me and our friend began laughing. Then I realized something. The magazine was in the mp5 backwards. I felt very stupid after that.

Archived