Biggest Failure

warbirds

First skirmish: Poked my head round an object to try and see the other team. They let me know with a BB to the forehead. Repeated this several times.

tut...should have called "out" after the first one..

ive had plenty of moments in my short airsofting career.. bouncing flashbangs off door frames is a favourite, as is blank firing at the worst possible time.. at least once a game.. :rolleyes:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest airsoft failure: postal strike that stopped everyone's cheques getting in for AG08. Was utterly gutted and still hold a grudge against any postman I see, unless he's bringing me a parcel!

My other big failure would probably be leaving the safe zone after a respawn with another guy, only to later find out that other guy was, quite painfully, on the other team (really ought to start paying attention to the different colours of tape).

During the load up time, i just sat around and talked... Then during the game i pop in a mag, no ammo, try another one, no ammo. I forgot to load my mags.

One time at our CQB place, I was using the m79, well I thought I loaded it when the game started, i turn down the hallway and pull the trigger... nothing, I thought it was a malfunction. I broke it down to find no nade in the barrel.

When I was a kid and I had no idea about airsoft and regulations, some friends and I were playing in a school yard on Friday evening.

We wore only safety glasses, and towards the end of the evening, I had a shootout with a buddy at close range. He shot me, and as I opened my mouth to call myself out, a pellet hit one of my lower front teeth.

The gun was a manual Marui G3A4 without hop up and shooting 0.12g pellets, still it busted the tooth clean out of my mouth, leaving only a tiny piece of tooth-base and a nerve hanging out in free air.

The hit itself was remarkably painless, but unfortunately I had to wait until Monday morning before I could see the dentist.

You'd be surprised how much an insignificant piece of flesh like, say, a nerve, can hurt once exposed to free air... :(

You'd be surprised how much an insignificant piece of flesh like, say, a nerve, can hurt once exposed to free air... :(

If it happens again, put super glue on it, I got a tooth nocked out once, All you have to do is put super glue on the nerve. It blocks the air and helps alot.

Not totally airsoft but airsoft related. I was walking to go indoors after doing some shooting while at my uncles house to get another pistol, and whadya know there was a screen door there, needless to say I fell head-over-heels and landed on a few monkey ball seeds. Later that day I got his clear pistol to shoot holes in coke cans with that I filled with water to see them spill out. When I was done shooting I went to turn the safety off but I couldn't find it since it was a clear pistol. I was messing with it I cocked the slide a few times even and I pulled the trigger and shot myself in the foot from nearly point blank.

last saturday was out with the team practicing over some pretty rough terrain and my squad is tucked away in thick brush on the side of a cliff face. my co sends me out to take a shot at them then double time back to draw them into our ambush, sounds easy enough not like i haven't done it before :) so i head out to their flank staying in cover and move to an elevated platuea, i high crawl most of the way so i can keep an eye on them eventually moving to a low crawl due to lack of cover. get to the edge of the platuea and i lose them. argh meanwhile my co is hounding me over the radio about my status. i get impatient. i see one of them they see me i stand up, backpeddle while shooting, turn to run but instead of running i was falling face first. on the rocks, broke my gas tube on my gun. i get up and start bookin and tuck down into a wash, cross it and gears of war myself up the other side thinking i'm safely within my squads firing range. at this point the enemy is closing in and trying to flank me, now they are ranging me so i get up to move again and i'm shot in the face. now i'm really ###### lol not to mention losing a couple of mags on the way so i had a temper tantrum throwing the biggest rocks i could find. lol now i look back and find that i worked WAY too hard to get my job done. but hey we all learn somehow

I did fail in this situation but thankfully the other guy failed more;

The set up: me and one other guy defending a small loft-type second storey in an abandoned factory we play at.

the other team had 4 players, vs our 2.

My team mate was defending the open secion to the front (facing the inside of the factory) and I was defending the windows on the left (the right was all blocked by boxes n that, and theres a hill just out side anyways so noones going that way) and the only door entrance to the loft which was atop a sqeaky staircase.

So.. after a few exhanges of gunfire i am beginning to lose my concentration and im just kind of milling about waiting for the attackers to finally make a decent move. my back is to the door at this point as i wasnt worried about anyone coming up the stairs cos for sure i would hear them.

all of a sudden - SQEEEEK! - the door is wrenched open. I spin around to see an attacker with his gun pointed right at me and i drop to the ground in fear cos surely i am dead! but no, nothing hits me, the attacker swears and backs out of the door and starts firing blindly as i roll in to cover behind some boxes.

My team mate has also gone to cover at this point.

The attacker then throws a grenade in, it hits the boxes behind me and rolls back towards me and past me to the other side of the cover i was hiding behind and then goes off and gets noone.

soon after the attacker gets shot by my team mate.

It turns out the reason I didnt get shot is that before he stormed the door he didnt check to see if the safety was on. doh!

Im still suprised that he managed to sneak up those creaky stairs un detected though.

Not my fail, but I was there when it happened

Fella I know, called Syd, or Gliderrider on here, had a duel against Belladonna at Proteus. Basically you had to leg it through a building, both of you using pistols and try and shoot the other person before they shot you.

Well, Syd and Bella disappeared into the building and both reappeared about a minute later, Syd scowling and Bella wetting herself laughing. Turned out he'd had the drop on her, she'd turned and yelled, in the most pleading girliest voice she could muster, "Don't shoot me!"

So he didn't

So she shot him.

:rofl:

During a progressive CTF game at my first ever "real" airsoft game, all my teamates had died and wouldn't respawn until the opposing team had taken our flag. The flag, BTW, was situated in between two very large rocks, with a narrow walkway only just wide enough to fit through in between them. I was sitting sort of on the top and side of the higher rock with my bolt action(I don't dare call it a sniper rifle considering I couldn't hit anything) facing down a good 8-10 guys across the meadow. I thought I heard some players sneaking up through the brush and figured they had crossed the meadow while I was shooting the other direction and they were about to flank me.

So I decided to be a smart guy and pulled out my Glock AEP sidearm and put it on full auto. I then proceeded to jump off the rock and run around the side screaming "Leroy Jenkins!" only to discover that I must have been hearing things and there was nobody even close to me. What there was though were several players in the tree line about 80 feet away and they all gave me a full auto blast and nailed me a good few times.

I must have looked like an idiot charging out screaming my head off shooting at imaginary players.

1. waiting to clear a room i had a mrk5 pyro i undid the lid and was waiting to strike it, but i held it to close to the fuse and ended up lighting it, instead of throwing into the room we had to clear i threw it into the room behind me which had half my team waiting...opps had to wait 10mins for the medics to get everyone up :lol: .

2. at the old site it was out door and boggy with some really deep bits, i didn't want to take the path to the objective so i went into the wooded bits was fine abit boogy so i thought i'll try and get to the objective faster started jogging, next thing i know my leg has sunk into the mud up to my thighs, as i was trying to get out i broke the sling for my G36c and ended up clogging the flash hinder with mud, thank god i had boots on or would have lost that too :P

I was in some woods owned by my mate's dad and we were doing a simple 2 on 2 against a bunker.

My teammate got shot, so I decided to go and get him. I waited until one of them ran out of ammo (could tell from the hi-cap unwinding :P ), rapidly ripped my vest off, grabbed my pistols and ran for it. After I tagged my mate back in I kept going with just the pistols. Unfortunately it was very boggy underfoot and I had to adjust my holster straps. In the heat of all the running I forgot to take my fingers off the trigger and managed to shoot myself in the leg, point blank :( . Everyone was a bit confused when I suddenly shouted "ARGH, MAN DOWN!" for no reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of fail @ fallout in essex about 2 years ago now...

Was a protect the VIP style game, i'd just come out of my room to cover the main group of defenders, then an absolute nutter came from behind me, knife killed me AND THE ENTIRE DEFENDING TEAM - INC VIP!

He got mega grats for that, I was amazed at how quick he got up teh stairs and managed to dispatch of the entire bloody team (10 or 15 people around the VIP basically :|)

After game start taking 15 minute's to get behind enemy line's sneaking up on a smal enemy unit of 6.

Closing in on te last man he is 20 meters in front of me, I wanted to close in a little more so I could take out the rest of the team from the same position. While I was moving to a tree closer to the team one of the guy's was just turning around to signel too the rest of the team, he spots me.

He calls out contact rear, I get lit up bye 6 guy's :huh: doh!!!!!

The same day I am in contact with the enemy and manege to get within 30 meter's. I made a dash for there bunker, they did not expect that but when I strated firing at them after the 3rd or so bb I stript mi piston.

I'm looking allitle confused trying to pull my side arm in full view of the bunker, the guy's in the bunker realize i'm alone and I get a nice spray from two aeg's.

Archived