ACM M500 modified for CO2 (Brilliant Mod)

kizza

You sir, have finally convinced me to get one of those, unfortunately I just drained all my airsoft money on a SR-47 kit, so it will need to wait. :(

This is pretty similar to the Cold shot that MagnumBB made, I may see about getting a full stock and instead use the Coldshot instead of a giant Co2 tank, but nonetheless, I will now be getting me a shotty to run on C02. :D

I did this back in 05 with my 6mm Marushin. The process is pretty much the same as tapping a Tanaka m700 magazine.

10-32 UNF fittings are almost a straight drop in for the port's threading.

- Remove pressure relief valve ( kept gg port available for when I sold it, Just plug with a 10-32 plug and converts back to green)

- fill with a filler ( I used JB weld)

- Re-drill with a #21 drill bit

- Tap for 10-32 UNF

- Screw in fitting

I used a 10-32 threaded 45 degree instant fitting mated to a QD barb to reduce the profile of the hose.

I zip tied the hose to sit after the grip, but before the stock, which gave it great access to my palmer's setup.

I use a small backpack (this one) attached to the back of my load bearing vest to hold 2 20oz CO2 bottles, one connected to a palmer regulator and one spare. I then run the hose (6mm straight hose with secondary regulator and quick disconnect fittings) through my vest and into my weapon, be it the MP5 or the MG3. Not very noticeable, nor is it in any way clumsy or obtrusive.

Archived