Airsoft sightings in Movies and TV shows

well, i was watching jericho on my pc, and i noticed something rather peculiar about one of the actors m92s ;)

i just used a print screen and then copied and pasted into paint to save the image as a jpeg...

didnt see a thread like this, so here it is... should be interesting

and to start things off....

look at the base of the mag, you'll figure it out soon enough.....

jerichom9spotting.jpg

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a poster of Agent Smith from The Matrix Reloaded, and I swear there's a gas fill port on the bottom of his Desert Eagle. I think it whenever I see the poster... :rolleyes:

This poster?

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/O/I/2/matrix2posterpube.jpg

TM deagle for comparison:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n212/ac...89/IMGP0785.jpg

Looks it to me :P

a real Desert Eagle for comparison:

real Eagle

Looks like TM used preexisting "ports".

nar, bottom of mag on the TM has a raised section at the front (in your pic, ED), and the hole looks further forward than the TM mag, and there is no little-rectangle-hole-thing*

on topic, apparently, you could see high cap winding wheels on M4's in 28 weeks later, and also the P90's in stargate were mostly airsoft, but i have no proof of this :P

*technical term

edit: beaten, and the bottom of the TM mag looks the same as snowbeats, yet not the same as the poster pic...

/waffling on.

Edited by shmook

The latest issue of Shotgun News (with "21st Century ARs") on the cover has an article about a company in Canada that supplies weapons to movie companies. In their "Rubber Room" with supposedly rubber replica guns, you can clearly see a bunch of AEGs because of the motor panel on the bottom of the grips.

Yeah, if anyone saw the footage of the fake hostage situation, that Richard Branson was putting himself through, on the news then they too, like me, may have wondered if the AKs in it were airsoft. The wood on them looked to be faux wood effect like TM but lower quality, and the black finishing of most parts looked to be off too.

Did anyone else notice that?

post-9906-1233820733_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kenworth W900
Yeah, if anyone saw the footage of the fake hostage situation, that Richard Branson was putting himself through, on the news then they too, like me, may have wondered if the AKs in it were airsoft. The wood on them looked to be faux wood effect like TM but lower quality, and the black finishing of most parts looked to be off too.

Can't really see enough of the guns there to be sure, but yes, thouse front grips look Airsoft (not so much the material, that could be the camera, but how snugly the upper and lower fits, there's usually a very visible gap on the real grips).

Besides, thouse 47's look to be in mint condition, and dusting up a mint condition 47 thease days is no easy task (lest its a semi-only civie model like a SAM-7).

The Bransom thng was just a publicity stunt, no suprise thet where airsoft. Been some dodgy weapons in Ultimate Farce aswell.

Back to the OP thoughand I think that is an aiesoft fill valve if you dlow it up you can see the cut for the tool. It it was a RS mag it would just have a pin in the hole.

Also. The USP in Collateral was airsoft.

You sure of that? Not saying you're wrong but it being a Michael Mann film (a director who loves his firearms) and the fact Cruise trained with live ammo, to get his skills up to top notch, be bit of a let down to find out it was your bog standard KWA USP :P.

Someone mentioned it to me a while ago. They reckoned it was just really good CGI. Especially in 'that scene' its surely too close to use blanks, although you cant really see the angles. Still pretty dangerous. So I watched the shooting scenes over and over a few times. Theres just some odd things about it, especially in the club scene, mainly erratic shell ejection and quite low recoil even for blanks. Of course all this could be ###### and and it could just be put down to a poorly tuned extractor and a very well trained actor...

Edited by hitmanNo2