Airsoft sightings in Movies and TV shows

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this isn't in a movie or tv show... but it seems to fit.

In the game "Black" for the original xbox and ps2, the grenade launcher ammo was modeled after moscart shells. They weren't even modeled after the moscarts with the rounded tops, instead it was the flat cylindrical ones and you could see all the bb tubes. Awesome fail.

check out zombie strippers for a whole host of chinese cheapsoft goodness. plus the total cheese factor of it, no body in that film has ever had an acting lesson.

they even attached all the nasty extras like the laser and red dot to the shotties!!

pure unadulterated win :)

It appears that Stargate SG1 and Atlantis use airsoft all the time in newer episodes. Anytime the actors are in scenes where they are not firing it seems like the weapons are airsoft. I would bet this is done because weapons safety guys are not needed on set when airsoft is used and it probably saves money or it could just save time. I imagine between shots with real weapons on set they need to be cleared and verified before an actor handles it. There have been fatalities on sets with real weapons converted to blank fire, so I imagine using airsoft as much as possible brings down that risk. You will really notice this in episodes where G36s are used. In one scene where no firing is going on they will have 36s with the standard CA top rail with no red dot. As soon as firing is called for magically the 36 has a red dot. This is pretty consistent through the last few seasons of Atlantis. Also for the first few seasons that SG1 and Atlantis where on at the same time, TM at the time was only making P90 triple rails. Same thing, in scenes without firing the P90s where clearly TRs with no optics. Then through the magic of TV they became standard P90s as soon as the actors needed to fire.

Edited by nachostheclown
Hehe my bad, missed that one. So did Ironfoot supply the earlier series and Sean of the Dead too?

Dave

Haven't herd of any other suppling other than of that series, though they probably have be passed around to some other cheesy BBC programs by now :D

As for the Joker glock 17 shiz-dig

The Joker (Heath Ledger) uses a Glock 17 that has been converted to full-auto, as the gun lacks the Glock 18's firing selector switch on the side of the slide. His tutone Glock is fitted with a G18's standard 33 round magazine.........................The armorer also mentioned how three Glocks were used, including two converted Glock 17s and one flashpaper model for close shooting scenes where blanks are harmful.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=The_D...to_full-auto.29

Great website and great film :)

Surprised nobody found this one out before... I guess I discovered it or something.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith... the flashbang is a replica VFC gas charger as seen here.

i couldnt find a picture but its at the part where brad pitt goes in to capture the informant... theres a clear shot of it when hes sitting in the van.

EDIT: there we go

picture1ci4.png

Edited by The Thief Lord
  • 2 weeks later...

Thief Lord, not to discredit you in any way shape or form, but from that angle its hard to tell that it would be VFC. I have a the real thing that has already been used, and from the angle, isn't it possible it could be the real thing but with a used charge?

Honestly, not trying to start anything bro, just curious that's all. =)

Farrel uses a Sig 552 as a primary throughout the film. Its the female member of the team who wields a G36c ;)

TBH though, every movie often has several models of the same weapon. Rubber guns for stunts to prevent injury/damage to the actors/weapons, airsoft for posing and wielding (often lighter, and safer- no chance of ND's by untrained actors-) and blank firers for the scenes where firing is required (unless ofcourse they use CGI). For example, the church shootout in Once upon a time in Mexico was done with rubber guns because the blank firers hadn't arrived in time so the effects were put in with CGI later.

With that said, what might be airsoft/fake in one scene maybe a real/blank firer in the other.

I've probably stated the obvious here & will be falmed to death :P

Cheers.

a bit off topic here, but anyone remember on the dark knight, there was a bloke in a helicopter (IIRC) with an M16 that had a rather odd looking RDS setup. looked like a weaver mounted russian kobra sight mounted directly in front of the carry handle.

any screencaps?

In Gran Torino, it looks like Clint Eastwood was holding a rubber M1 garand when he confronted the gangsters. The barrel and gas port looks too shallow to be real.

http://www.cinemaisdope.com/news/films/gra...nt_eastwood.jpg

I also talked to a fellow who was selling airsoft and cap/ blank firing guns that he claimed that were used in movies. He told me that they were swamping out the airsoft guns for rubber ones because rubber guns won't poke an eye out, which is a huge liability when you are dealing with expensive actors and cameras. That would make sense, and now that CGI is getting better, I would reckon he's right.

Edited by DesertFoxRomel
It appears that Stargate SG1 and Atlantis use airsoft all the time in newer episodes. Anytime the actors are in scenes where they are not firing it seems like the weapons are airsoft. I would bet this is done because weapons safety guys are not needed on set when airsoft is used and it probably saves money or it could just save time. I imagine between shots with real weapons on set they need to be cleared and verified before an actor handles it. There have been fatalities on sets with real weapons converted to blank fire, so I imagine using airsoft as much as possible brings down that risk. You will really notice this in episodes where G36s are used. In one scene where no firing is going on they will have 36s with the standard CA top rail with no red dot. As soon as firing is called for magically the 36 has a red dot. This is pretty consistent through the last few seasons of Atlantis. Also for the first few seasons that SG1 and Atlantis where on at the same time, TM at the time was only making P90 triple rails. Same thing, in scenes without firing the P90s where clearly TRs with no optics. Then through the magic of TV they became standard P90s as soon as the actors needed to fire.

in the episode were they meet the replicators they have TM spas 12s in one scene you can see the shell door swinging down :s

Local docu-crime series "W11" are notorious for using airsoft guns as props (I've seen Bell EG707, Well MB03 with wooden furniture, cheapsoft shotty and some sort of AK, most probably CM.028). Also, MGC M16s were used in quite a few movies, including Full Metal Jacket, Commando and Predator.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=M16#N...f_the_M16_Rifle