Airsoft sightings in Movies and TV shows

It appears that Stargate SG1 and Atlantis use airsoft all the time in newer episodes. Anytime the actors are in scenes where they are not firing it seems like the weapons are airsoft. I would bet this is done because weapons safety guys are not needed on set when airsoft is used and it probably saves money or it could just save time. I imagine between shots with real weapons on set they need to be cleared and verified before an actor handles it. There have been fatalities on sets with real weapons converted to blank fire, so I imagine using airsoft as much as possible brings down that risk. You will really notice this in episodes where G36s are used. In one scene where no firing is going on they will have 36s with the standard CA top rail with no red dot. As soon as firing is called for magically the 36 has a red dot. This is pretty consistent through the last few seasons of Atlantis. Also for the first few seasons that SG1 and Atlantis where on at the same time, TM at the time was only making P90 triple rails. Same thing, in scenes without firing the P90s where clearly TRs with no optics. Then through the magic of TV they became standard P90s as soon as the actors needed to fire.

Yeah, In a scene in Atlantis Sheppard goes and takes cover and they filmed from different angles you can see a P90 RD, then it suddenly changes to a TR, Then RD again, Then TR, and then lastly RD... LOL

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a bit off topic here, but anyone remember on the dark knight, there was a bloke in a helicopter (IIRC) with an M16 that had a rather odd looking RDS setup. looked like a weaver mounted russian kobra sight mounted directly in front of the carry handle.

any screencaps?

I though I saw a Trijicon reflex there. Like this:

artrij.jpg

Sure I've seen the screen cap of it before, but can't find it for the life of me. Fairly sure it's a Trijicon though.

Here's a linky to their site. Click me.

Of course, IMFDB... http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Image:TDKM16A2-2.png

Edited by AnotherJesus

cheers, not to keen on that after all the mounting system looks a bit fugly. i caught a glance of it while watching the film and thought it was a kobra minus the sunshade. still dont think it's that exact sight though the one in the screencap is minus the cylindrical bit pointing backwards.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Image:Babylon_16.jpg

Possible CA M15A4 in Babylon AD? The markings look like it.

Even better:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Image:Babylon_47.jpg

WE Dragon 5.1 HiCapa in the same movie.

Edited by aznriptide859
on topic, apparently, you could see high cap winding wheels on M4's in 28 weeks later, and also the P90's in stargate were mostly airsoft, but i have no proof of this :P

If someone can find pics depicting this, kodos, but I've noticed in some episodes when you have profile shots of P90's you can see the feed tube connecting the magazine into the gun. Also sometimes when certain P90's are flipped you can see that the ejection port is a fake.

I think the USP in colateral was airsoft

Some scenes it was, some scenes it wasn't (note in the Fever scenes you see ejecting blanks).

Edited by Ranger_Captain

Don't have time to post a screen, but it is in Generation Kill in either the 5th or 6th episode (can't remember) when they cross the bridge where Cpt. America starts freaking out after a Hummvie gets stuck. Anywho, check the footage when the single vehicle made it into the town and the gunner is closed lined by a telephone wire. He is knocked over and his sling sporting a very visible Phantom label, look closely and the pouches on the trucks are all cheap Condor pouches. Even "Rolling Stone" is wearing a wonderful Condor MICH 2000.

cheers, not to keen on that after all the mounting system looks a bit fugly. i caught a glance of it while watching the film and thought it was a kobra minus the sunshade. still dont think it's that exact sight though the one in the screencap is minus the cylindrical bit pointing backwards.

I thought it was a C-More.

Oh, well.

Yeah, In a scene in Atlantis Sheppard goes and takes cover and they filmed from different angles you can see a P90 RD, then it suddenly changes to a TR, Then RD again, Then TR, and then lastly RD... LOL

Something similar to that happens in Sharpshooter. Starts of as an ACOG W/NV attachment. Then goes to something resembling an very large Aimpoint/Elcan type sight. Then back to ACOG. Then finishing with an definite aimpoint.

Confused was I.

Related to the earlier mention of Airsoft in Stargate, in an episode where Jack O'Neill and Harry Maybourne are trapped on a moon Harry manages to get the P90 away from Jack. In a shot of Harry holding the P90, you can see the wall of the mag's BB feeding mechanism housing between the last few faux bullets.

SGTMP90.jpg

At my post from before,

after searching for possible credibility to my statement of the VFC gas charger used in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I was able to find my same statement listed here (although I did find this myself):

http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/Products/VFC...__DA-TD-01.aspx

Tired of carrying around your huge gas bottle to keep your gas pistol filled during skirmishes? Realistic looking TD flashbang actually doubles as a gas charger! As seen used extensively by Brad Pitt in the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It allows you to charge gas into the TD distraction device, and then carry it around with you on your vest during skimishes. When it comes time to recharge your gas pistol, simply use this device to fill up your gas magazines! This cannister is easily rechargeable through its own valve on the bottom! This is the coolest idea for gas pistol lovers yet! One fully charged cannister is enough to completely refill 3-10 gas pistol magazines in the field (depending on size of your magazine). Highly recommended as the best accessory of the year.